Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Forward-for me, its always been Keith Tkachuk. Making a paltry 11 million this year, I've never seen such an overated power forward. He recieves so much hype and is usually a playoff no-show!!!

2)Defenceman-Derek Morris- yeah he's alright, but I think has been praised too much for what he has accomplished over his career, which is 7 playoff games and a couple hold-outs.

3)Goalie-Nikolai Kabibulin..what has really ever done??? I don't think he'll ever carry a team anywhere.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Forward- for me has to be Alfredsson for all the praise this guy gets from sens fans he sure doesn't seem to have lead a team anywhere and shows no signs of doing so in the near future.I won't even get into what a gutless chicken shit cowardly player he is.)
Defenseman-McCabe has to be the most overrated dman out there,well he has average offensive skills he is a defensive liability from his poorly timed attempts at sticking his ass out as an opposing player blows by him,to his constant give aways in his own end he is as bad as defensemen come.)
Goalie-Lalime For as great of team as the sens were said to have had last year, hell some of their fans even went so far as to refer to the sens as a dynasty and he couldn't even backstop this "great" team to the finals let alone to winning the cup.Time for the sens to find an nhl caliber goaltender before all their ellite players are to old to get it done.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flyerfan2 said:
Forward- for me has to be Alfredsson for all the praise this guy gets from sens fans he sure doesn't seem to have lead a team anywhere and shows no signs of doing so in the near future.I won't even get into what a gutless chicken shit cowardly player he is.)
Defenseman-McCabe has to be the most overrated dman out there,well he has average offensive skills he is a defensive liability from his poorly timed attempts at sticking his ass out as an opposing player blows by him,to his constant give aways in his own end he is as bad as defensemen come.)
Goalie-Lalime For as great of team as the sens were said to have had last year, hell some of their fans even went so far as to refer to the sens as a dynasty and he couldn't even backstop this "great" team to the finals let alone to winning the cup.Time for the sens to find an nhl caliber goaltender before all their ellite players are to old to get it done.
I can see why you think Alfredsson is overated, in fact, I think he is a bit overated as well, almost as much as Keith Primeau!!! :D
As for Lalime, I think your wrong, but that's your opinion. If you think about it, we aren't going to get anyone better. Teams aren't going to trade us Brodeur, Hasek, Turco and Hacke...oops, sorry!! I bet Bobby Clarke would take Lalime in a heartbeat to be his starter right now. I know some people argue that Lalime is only good because of the team in front of him, but you mocked us by saying this "great" team, so obviously Lalime did something right. He did come up with some great games last year in the playoffs. In the 7 games they lost in the playoffs last year, Ottawa scored only 6 goals combined, less then 1 goal a game, which wasn't great help.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
yea you're right, i do agree sundin is overrated as a defenseman and goalie. and yes! even as a leaf fan i think hes over rated as a forward too. Maybe ..and i pray maybe, he'll do better this year now that theres no chance he'll be playing with hoglund again!

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Kabibulin, I gotta agree with you there, honourable mention goes to Tommy (duck) Salo.

Forward I would have to say Alfredsson.

D, well ff2 McCabe was not the one who was giving up the puck it was his D partner for most of the last 2 years Lumme., yes I agree that the ass check has to go as the only time he uses it is as a last chance check.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Earnhardt said:
Kabibulin, I gotta agree with you there, honourable mention goes to Tommy (duck) Salo.

D, well ff2 McCabe was not the one who was giving up the puck it was his D partner for most of the last 2 years Lumme., yes I agree that the ass check has to go as the only time he uses it is as a last chance check.
Rusty i don't think anyone overrates Salo anymore i think it is common knowledge now as to just how Unreliable and horrible he real is. :roll:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flyerfan2 said:
Earnhardt said:

Rusty i don't think anyone overrates Salo anymore i think it is common knowledge now as to just how Unreliable and horrible he real is. :roll:

Ironic to have a Flyers fan make fun and joke at an opposing teams' goaltending situation!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Good one Crave :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
flyerfan2 said:
Earnhardt said:

Ironic to have a Flyers fan make fun and joke at an opposing teams' goaltending situation!!! :D :D :D
You got me there CM :roll: ,that was almost as bad as "certain" fans of the sens calling the sens a dynasty or ellite team,hell one of their fans is even so bold as to have a parade rout planed for the sens,a team that has never made it to the finals let alone winning the cup. :lol: :D :?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
flyerfan2 said:
Craven Morehead said:
flyerfan2 said:
Earnhardt said:

You got me there CM :roll: ,that was almost as bad as "certain" fans of the sens calling the sens a dynasty or ellite team,hell one of their fans is even so bold as to have a parade rout planed for the sens,a team that has never made it to the finals let alone winning the cup. :lol: :D :?
Well, Ottawa is an elite team, face reality. They are one of the top 5 teams in the NHL. In my eyes, being top 5 is elite. As for your dynasty comment, I didn't call them a dynsaty, so don't go around saying things that aren't fact so they can fit your argument. Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty is what I said. They have an enormous young core with a lot of experience and high-end talent already, on top of the part that their core hasn't even matured as team yet. They are already one of the best teams in the NHL. I think it is a possibility of it happening. Does that mean they will win 5-6 Cups in a row??? Of course not, but I think there is a good chance when the era of this team is done, its not unrealistic to think they could win 3-4 Cups. Will it happen??? I don't know that for sure. If I did, I'd move to Las Vegas tomorrow!!! The comment on the bottom is a joke to stir things up, which you and Earnhardt have already made comments about, which I think is your second time doing so!!!

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
flyerfan2 said:
Craven Morehead said:
flyerfan2 said:
Earnhardt said:

Well, Ottawa is an elite team, face reality. They are one of the top 5 teams in the NHL. In my eyes, being top 5 is elite. As for your dynasty comment, I didn't call them a dynsaty, so don't go around saying things that aren't fact so they can fit your argument. Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty is what I said. They have an enormous young core with a lot of experience and high-end talent already, on top of the part that their core hasn't even matured as team yet. They are already one of the best teams in the NHL. I think it is a possibility of it happening. Does that mean they will win 5-6 Cups in a row??? Of course not, but I think there is a good chance when the era of this team is done, its not unrealistic to think they could win 3-4 Cups. Will it happen??? I don't know that for sure. If I did, I'd move to Las Vegas tomorrow!!! The comment on the bottom is a joke to stir things up, which you and Earnhardt have already made comments about, which I think is your second time doing so!!!
Elite teams have a resume of things they have accomplished,face it the sens have done nothing to make them even close to an elite team.The sens made it to the eastern conference final and lost big deal,but if that in your eye's is having the potential to be a dynasty then so be it {note to self,and i thought leaf fans were blinded by bias}At this point i would say it is very un realistic to think the sens will win even 3 or 4 cups considering the fact that they have not even been good enough to make it to the finals.The sens are a good team right now and i don't think that fact will change this year ,but to say they are elite or a potential dynasty is a little pre mature{leave it alone biggus dickus} imho.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bias or your hatred??? Really, your last comment was the last time you said anything positive about Ottawa that they are a good team. Why do I get this inane feeling that if the Flyers were in Ottawa's position, we'd be hearing the samething. Ottawa had a great year last year. They have essentially all the same players returning, who at a young age, are only going to improve, even you have to admit that. When someone like John Muckler, part of the Oilers dynasty says that he thinks Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty, I'll listen to what he has to say instead of your opinion. Nothing personal, but you would do the same as myself!!!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Who in the blue hell would overate Brisebois.Everyone hates...Did you in the game vs Ottawa where he lost the puck in the middle of the blue line.Thank God Theodore made an incredible save

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
ok, im gonna hate myself for this later but...

ottawa, isnt a dynasty. are they on their way to one? no. BUT. they have finished 1st, and thats a start. they seem to be improving each every year. can the be a dynasty? YES. in todays nhl, yes they can. starting from today and forward they have just as good chance as any of the top teams in the NHL. if they can hold on to their young players once contracts expire, yes. philly, honestly, sucks. their goal tending in imo hasnt improved. its as uncertain as it was last season. dont bring the leafs into this now. i admit the sens look better than them(the leafs), but by no means do the flyers look better than either team.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
My bias or your hatred??? Really, your last comment was the last time you said anything positive about Ottawa that they are a good team. Why do I get this inane feeling that if the Flyers were in Ottawa's position, we'd be hearing the samething. Ottawa had a great year last year. They have essentially all the same players returning, who at a young age, are only going to improve, even you have to admit that. When someone like John Muckler, part of the Oilers dynasty says that he thinks Ottawa has the potential to be a dynasty, I'll listen to what he has to say instead of your opinion. Nothing personal, but you would do the same as myself!!!
Sorry it's your bias. :eek: .CM i would never let my head get as swollen over the flyers as you have over the sens especially over making it to the "conference"finals once.Yes the sens have more or less the same players returning this year as they had last year and imho last year the sens over achieved big time,and i don't expect them to have the season or the playoffs they had last year,the same as i don't expect the ducks or wild to go as far as they did.Like i said earlier the sens are a decent team and i don't see that changing this year but to expect such a soft Euro influenced team to go as far as they did last year is a stretch.Besides i lost a lot of respect for the sens the way they let their goalie continue'lly get run over last year in the playoffs and not one of their players ever went after anybody to put an end to it,sorry but a soft chicken shit team like that is not one i can be a fan of.But hey whatever works .

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
lsik you are going to have to shrink that picture on your signature, it is getting real hard to read the board because of having to scroll around all over the place.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts