Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most supernatural trade you have ever witnessed in your time watching the NHL. For me it was the Eric Lindros deal to the Flyers. The Flyers were burnt, although Lindros turned out to be a great player until he was pummeled by Scott Stevens in the 2000 playoffs. In this trade Quebec traded first overall pick of 1991 Eric Lindros (who had not played a single game yet,) for Peter Forsberg (who was always better than Lindros), Chris Simon, Steve Duchesne, Mike Ricci, 15 million dollars in cash, and I believe a goalie as well. That is what the old NHL that didn't have a salary cap was like. What was the most weird trade you have seen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eric Lindros was a great player for the Flyers for close to a decade. That deal wasn't as lopsided as others. The one that comes to mind for me was Chris Chelios for Anders Eriksson deal. Detroit picked up one of the best D-men ever, while the Hawks got a total bust who isn't even in the league any more.

·
Banned
14 Posts
HabsRule said:
Not a trade, but we still got screwed, Nordiques bought and sent to Colorado. I'm still blaming Lindros for that.
Ya, funny how the Nords, um, avs went on to win a few cups with forsberg (of course St Patrick helped) and The E-Train got nothing except a few concussions.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Montreal Vs Quebec

HabsRule said:
Not a trade, but we still got screwed, Nordiques bought and sent to Colorado. I'm still blaming Lindros for that.
I still after all of these years cant understand the NHL for letting quebec,winnipeg and hartford move. there was nothing like watching a montreal vs quebec hockey game.:dunno:

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dean Youngblood said:
The Bruins sending Barry Pederson to the Canucks for Cam Neely...worked out great for us :D
Cam Neely is one of my favourite players of all time. When he was traded I knew the Canucks made a dumb deal. I thought he was going to become a great player.

·
Registered
229 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I still after all of these years cant understand the NHL for letting quebec,winnipeg and hartford move. there was nothing like watching a montreal vs quebec hockey game.:dunno:
Yeah, way better than Toronto vs Ottawa.:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
masterofhockeyknowledge said:
What is the most supernatural trade you have ever witnessed in your time watching the NHL. For me it was the Eric Lindros deal to the Flyers. The Flyers were burnt, although Lindros turned out to be a great player until he was pummeled by Scott Stevens in the 2000 playoffs. In this trade Quebec traded first overall pick of 1991 Eric Lindros (who had not played a single game yet,) for Peter Forsberg (who was always better than Lindros), Chris Simon, Steve Duchesne, Mike Ricci, 15 million dollars in cash, and I believe a goalie as well. That is what the old NHL that didn't have a salary cap was like. What was the most weird trade you have seen?
Ron Hextall was the goalie in that trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts