Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've often wondered if there have been any truly even trades in the past couple decades. Lately, it is mostly salary dumps that heavily favour the richer team. Here's my top choice.

Jarome Iginla and Corey Millen for Joe Nieuwendyk.
--both the Flames and Stars got what they wanted. The Stars got them a player that would bring them the Cup, and the Flames got their future star. Just think what would have happened if they got the player they wanted....Todd Harvey :shock:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Roughneck said:
Jarome Iginla and Corey Millen for Joe Nieuwendyk.
--both the Flames and Stars got what they wanted. The Stars got them a player that would bring them the Cup, and the Flames got their future star. Just think what would have happened if they got the player they wanted....Todd Harvey :shock:
I think it's too early to say the Flames got their future star. They still may have to get rid of him because of his high salary.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
warning to reader: lethal amounts of sarcasm have been injected into this post.

im gonna go with the flyers giving up all those draft pics for adam oates.
go clarkie go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TimmyTabasco said:
How about Yashin for Chara and a pick..which turned out to be Spezza..not a bad deal.
I'd actually call that one of the most-lopsided trades Mad Mike has ever made. The Sens would have traded Yashin for Chara alone, never mind Spezza, who is worth 2 Yashin's in my book.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
hey keith had his second best eason that year (since h joined the leauge) and he added a lot of talent and stablity to the whalers left side. Shanny and Keith added what both teams needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nieuwendyk for Iginla

Back then Iginla was the draft pick Calgary took from Dallas for Nieuwendyk. He let them to a Cup, Iginla became the cornerstone for Calgary. Pretty good trade, though Flames fans wondered at the time....

TheHockeyCave.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts