Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/21/2006 2:27:49 PM

(CP) - Brenden Morrow, whose consistent scoring and tenacious checking has made him one of the NHL's best two-way forwards, has landed a US$24.6-million, six-year contract to remain one of the Dallas Stars' core players.

"I wanted to stay in Dallas all along and now I can concentrate completely on the ice for this upcoming season," said the 27-year-old native of Carlyle, Sask. "I couldn't be happier and am extremely excited about continuing my career with the Stars for many years."

Morrow's extension will pay the 27-year-old left-winger $4.1 million a year beginning in 2007-2008. He's due $2.2 million this season under the contract he signed previously.

"Signing Brenden to a long-term extension was a top priority for this hockey club," GM Doug Armstrong said in making the announcement Thursday. "We consider him a cornerstone player and an integral part of our team.

"Brenden is one of our main leaders and sets the tone for the club with his consistent play. He brings a lot of energy and tenacity to the lineup each night and the Dallas Stars are extremely proud to have him here over the next seven seasons."

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
And the big contracts keep on coming. :dunno: Not that morrow isn't a good player of course, just that he can be undisciplined. Last season's game #3 vs. Colorado comes to mind. That hurt to watch, and I'm not even a Stars fan. :(

Still though, and good player. Not sure about 4.1M a year yet, but we'll see how he does.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Morrow is now the captain of the team. He is better than Modano at leading his team. He is MUCH more vocal and outspoken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts