Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
senators 2.jpg

This is big news ppl. The Sens are interested in getting center Brendan Morrison from the Canucks if money issues can be worked out.

According to the Ottawa Sun, a source says that Canucks general manager Dave Nonis would like to move Morrison and his $3.2 million salary even if it's just to get some cap relief.

Non is will likely deny that he is trying to move Morrison, but the Canucks are right up against the league's $44-million ceiling with a payroll of $43.124 million and that's left Nonis handcuffed if the club runs into injury problems.

Though Nonis has denied holding trade talks with Senators GM John Muckler, sources insist the Canucks called last week to check on the availability of either defencemen Anton Volchenkov or Christoph Schubert.

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll take Craig Conroy over Morrison, anyday.

Ottawa has talent galore. Talent isn't their problem.
Heart, hard work, being defensively responsible, is.

They need a new leader, or better leadership on the team to guide them. Conroy would be a better fit, or any vet with similar credentials.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think they should have gotten Brind'Amour a few year ago when they had the chance.

Or Doug Weight, when those trade rumours were swirling... or Mark Recchi.

What about that Martin Havlat for Erik Cole and Justin Williams trade that nearly happened in 2004?

Anyone else see some sort of trend here? ;)

Anyway, about Brendan Morrison: Well, I'm not sure if he's the kind of player that can get players around him going. He's gotten some points by himself, no doubt, but Ottawa needs something a little stronger than that IMO, especially wit hAlfie struggling hard... Krazed Kourse could be on the right track. Someone like a Craig Conroy.

Not that I'm saying Morrison doesn't have heart of course. He plays hard, but Conroy seems to have a bit more visison out there. He's struggling right now, but he played well last year.

He was good beside Iggy. Would he be good beside Alfie?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts