Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halifax Mooseheads General Manager Marcel Patenaude announced today the acquisition of 17-year-old defenseman Stephen Lund through a trade with the P.E.I. Rocket. In return the Mooseheads sent defenseman Luciano Lomanno and their third round pick in the 2008 QMJHL Entry Draft to the Rocket.

Lund, 6'03, 190 pounds, was drafted by the Rocket in the first round, fifth overall, in the 2005 QMJHL Entry Draft. In 32 games with P.E.I. this season, Lund has four assists and 54 penalty minutes, while recording a plus four rating.

"We are pleased to be able to add Stephen Lund to our lineup," Patenaude said. "Lund is a young defenseman with a lot of promise who was a first round choice two years ago. We look forward to his development and expect he will become a big part of our defensive alignment.

"At the same time, we would like to thank Luciano for his efforts on behalf of the Halifax Mooseheads during the past three and a half years and wish him the best in his future endeavors."

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a good deal for Halifax. They pick up a top 5 pick from 05 Q draft and give up Lomanno who really wasn't doing anything in Halifax. Lund hasn't performed up to expectations in PEI but with the change of scenery and it being his hometown I expect he will perform up to his potential. Still think Halifax wins this deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts