Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The injury is very common for runners and can be pretty painful.. so im told..

Montreal, QC (Sports Network) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jose Theodore will be out six to eight weeks because of a fracture of his right heel bone.

According to the Canadiens, Theodore injured the heel on Thursday after he lost his footing walking down the stairs outside of his Montreal home.

"Jose was a victim of an unfortunate accident and we all feel for him," said Montreal general manager Bob Gainey. "He will get on with his rehabilitation as soon as the condition of his heel allows him to do so. We hope to have him back in time to help the team down the final stretch."

So far this season, Theodore has a 17-15-5 record with a 3.46 goals-against average in 38 games (37 starts). His numbers are down from his 2003-04 campaign when the 29-year-old netminder posted a 2.27 goals-against average with a .919 save percentage in 67 games.

"It was bad luck and even though I am very disappointed of the outcome, I can only wish that my rehab period will be as quick and short as possible," said Theodore. "I intend to come back strong and contribute to the team's success through the last part of the regular season and in the playoffs."

The setback is the latest for Theodore, who earlier this month tested positive for a banned substance during a screening before the Olympics. The Canadian native tested positive for Propecia, a hair-growth drug.

In 353 career games, Theodore has collected 141 wins with a 2.62 goals-against average and .911 save percentage.

02/19 10:13:11 ET

1 - 4 of 4 Posts