Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started Mock Drafting at the website SlapShot.dk and thought it might interest some of you. Let the prospect discussion begin!

NHL Mock Draft 2011 - 1st round

1. Edmonton Oilers | Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (C) – Red Deer (WHL)

2. Colorado Avalanche | Adam Larsson (D) – Skellefteå (Elitserien)

3. Florida Panthers | Sean Couturier (C/LW) – Drummondville (QMJHL)

4. New Jersey Devils | Dougie Hamilton (D) – Niagara (OHL)

5. New York Islanders | Ryan Murphy (D) – Kitchener (OHL)

6. Ottawa Senators | Gabriel Landeskog (LW/RW) – Kitchener (OHL)

7. Atlanta Thrashers | Ryan Strome (C) – Niagara (OHL)

8. Columbus Blue Jackets | Nathan Beaulieu (D) – Saint John (QMJHL)

9. Boston Bruins (fra Toronto) | Duncan Siemens (D) – Saskatoon (WHL)

10. Minnesota Wild | Jonathan Huberdeau (C) – Saint John (QMJHL)

The Mock Draft is seperated into smaller parts, so read more at:
http://www.slapshot.dk/2011/05/27/nhl-mock-draft-2011-1-runde-part-i/
http://www.slapshot.dk/2011/05/28/nhl-mock-draft-2011-1-runde-part-ii/
http://www.slapshot.dk/2011/05/29/nhl-mock-draft-2011-1-runde-part-iii/
http://www.slapshot.dk/2011/05/30/nhl-mock-draft-2011-2-runde-part-i/

On SlapShot.dk I've written some notes on the players, but these are in Danish. The Mock Draft at SlapShot.dk will go on in the following days.

I hope this post has some interest and that we could start the draft discussion.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'd rather the Devils take Landeskog or Murphy at #4, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they did go with Hamilton.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I'd be shocked if Landeskog falls to 6 and Huderdeau falls to 10. Crazier things have happened but I can't see either one of those happening.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'd be shocked if Landeskog falls to 6 and Huderdeau falls to 10. Crazier things have happened but I can't see either one of those happening.
I'd be really happy if Landeskog is there at #4, but I don't see it happening. I think it's going to come down to Couturier/Murphy/Huberdeau for the Devils. I'd prefer Couturier, but I'll be fine with any of the three, or whoever they pick. I trust Conte and Lou to take the right player. I doubt whoever they take will be in the NHL next year anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I'd be really happy if Landeskog is there at #4, but I don't see it happening. I think it's going to come down to Couturier/Murphy/Huberdeau for the Devils. I'd prefer Couturier, but I'll be fine with any of the three, or whoever they pick. I trust Conte and Lou to take the right player. I doubt whoever they take will be in the NHL next year anyway.
yeah to me Landeskog is a steal at 4 and if he's there that's an easy pick. But between Huberdeau, Couturier, Strome, Hamilton, and Murphy you really would be fine with any of them. I think this years top ten is a real strong class.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
yeah to me Landeskog is a steal at 4 and if he's there that's an easy pick. But between Huberdeau, Couturier, Strome, Hamilton, and Murphy you really would be fine with any of them. I think this years top ten is a real strong class.
The Devils need skill up the middle and on defense, and also need some depth at right wing. So they're almost guaranteed to get somebody who addresses those needs. Adding a top 5 pick, plus some of the young players already in the NHL and the defensemen they have in the system makes me feel pretty good about their future.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
The Devils need skill up the middle and on defense, and also need some depth at right wing. So they're almost guaranteed to get somebody who addresses those needs. Adding a top 5 pick, plus some of the young players already in the NHL and the defensemen they have in the system makes me feel pretty good about their future.
Yeah I don't think this Devils seasons was a sign on things to come. They had a rough start, but at one point they were one of the hottest teams in the NHL. With the addition of another top prospect the Devils future looks solid to me as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts