Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some MLB new for any baseball fans here:

TORONTO -- All-Star center fielder Vernon Wells agreed Friday night to a seven-year, $126 million contract extension with the Toronto Blue Jays. However, the deal is awaiting approval of the players union, according to ESPN's Peter Gammons. Such an 'OK' could come as early as Saturday.

Wells' pact, the sixth-largest in baseball history, would give him a $25.5 million signing bonus, no-trade clause and guarantee him the right to opt out of his contract after four years. In addition, he could earn bonuses of $250,000 for MVP, $200,000 for World Series MVP, $150,000 for league championship series MVP and $100,000 for receiving the most votes in his league in All-Star game balloting.

Full Story

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm glad the Jays stepped up and paid him to keep him in TO.

The Jays lineup is going to be amazing next year. Their pitching ... :dunno:

Wells is one of the most complete ball players in the majors and probably the world today. It's so good to know Vern will be a career Jays (mostly).

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is true. The Jays pitching NEEDS WORK though !!!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sabres Fan said:
That is true. The Jays pitching NEEDS WORK though !!!
I know and right after Meche and Lily signed I thought the only way get any pitching was to trade Wells.

I don't know what JP is going to do but at the very least the Jays need a good fourth starter or better yet, a third and fifth starter.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good pitcher period is all they need. They need to get someone like Mussina and Kim to go the distance if needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts