Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we're at the All-Star break, it's a good time to look again, at who we think has the best chance at winning the Stanley Cup.

At the begining of the year I thought it was a two way race between the Ducks and the Sharks, however, seeing how well Buffalo has played and the comeback Ottawa has made is certainly a cause for thought.

Is Atlanta a legit contender? What about New Jersey? Does Dallas have a chance to beat their division rivals? Have the Red Wings returned to championship forum?

And what about the defending Cup champs the Hurricanes? Are they back in it?

So many questions ... thoughts?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
At the beginning I thought it would be Anaheim and Buffalo in the finals. But I think Nashville has a great chance at the moment, if not win the cup but go far in the playoffs.

But my favourite to win the cup is still Buffalo.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Buffalo and New Jersey will have a great eastern championship series and so will the Ducks and Nashville.

However, Montreal, Dallas, Detroit and San Jose are all right on the doorstep. If any of them make a good move or two at the deadline and get lucky with injuried they could over take someone ahead of them in a playoffs series.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Detroit vs New Jersey

Detroit vs New Jersey.

Both give up few goals

Great goalies

NJ specializes in the neutral zone trap

Detroit sick of losing because of the trap will use it themselves for a change

every game will go to triple OT with the fianl score 1-0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts