Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
9/22/2006 1:37:38 AM

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Milan Michalek scored a hat trick to lead San Jose to a 4-3 win over the Vancouver Canucks in the Sharks' home pre-season opener Thursday night.

Michalek's third goal broke a 3-3 tie with just over 2 minutes left after the Canucks had rallied from a 3-0 deficit.

He tallied his first goal when he put a backhander past goalie Roberto Luongo. It came on a power play in the first 90 seconds of the game. Michalek then scored his second goal with 10 minutes remaining in the second period.

Jonathan Cheechoo, who led the NHL in goals last season, added his first of the pre-season on a power play.

The Sharks (2-1) were leading 3-0 when Vancouver (0-2) mounted a comeback. Jannick Hansen tallied Vancouver's first goal with just 12 seconds left in the second period.

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Mihalek with the trick. I didn't see the highlights yet, but I hope I do.

The Sharks look like they have a pretty good team this year. Did anyone see the game. Was Marleau and Bernier on the center and wing with him, or was he on a line with different players?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Did anyone see the game. Was Marleau and Bernier on the center and wing with him, or was he on a line with different players?
I didn't see the game and I haven't seen the highlights but judging by the boxscore I'd say he was on a line with Mark Smith but I'm not sure who was on the other wing.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shookem said:
I didn't see the game and I haven't seen the highlights but judging by the boxscore I'd say he was on a line with Mark Smith but I'm not sure who was on the other wing.
Yeah, it looks like Bernier was the other guy. Marleau didn't play that night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts