Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'We will bring a winner to this city'

By CHRIS STEVENSON -- Ottawa Sun

Okay, first off, keep in mind Eugene Melnyk made these comments before last night's game.

The owner made them in the minutes before they dropped the puck on his Senators' home opener, which turned into an embarrassing 6-0 wipeout at the hands of the hated Toronto Maple Leafs and wound up with $11.1-million goaltender Martin Gerber banished to the end of the bench.

Melnyk put to rest rumours he has just about run out of the patience with the current Senators management regime and put them on "alert," if we can borrow a Mike Milbury favourite.

There have been rumours swirling around and a couple of references in newspapers -- without quoting Melnyk directly -- have said he's grown frustrated with the inability of his management group (president Roy Mlakar, GM John Muckler and coach Bryan Murray) to turn potential into playoff success.

This season, so the talk goes, is the last shot for this bunch to deliver the goods.
CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Ottawa: 'We will bring a winner to this city'

In all honsety, I really do wish Leaf management had this sort of dedication.

On the other hand, I'm still wondering about Muckler and Murray. If they don't go deep again (3rd round at least), could their jobs still possibly be that safe?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are a leafs fan so dont even say theres anythig wrong with the sens managment. John Fergurson has no idea what he is doing. Any way can you judge a team or player after 3 games? umm. give me some time this is tough aboustly not not look at nasville there is no way they will play a season like they are now

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just complimented their management by saying I wish the one that runs my team had this kind of dedication.

I don't see the need for any hostility there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The sens struggles will only be temporary.
Signing Kaigorodov however, was a dumb move(especially after the training camp that he had).
I really don't see him helping this team at all, kind of like Arnarson.

I don't see a cup from ottawa(and i'm an ottawa fan)..
But, I see them putting up more of a fight than they ever have in the past in the upcoming playoffs.

I unfortunetly don't see this team hoisting a cup with Alfredsson leading it.
I really hope i'm wrong, though.

We'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts