Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
10/10/2006 10:17:59 PM

It would be fair to say there is, at this point, no clear-cut candidate to go No. 1 in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, but it is safe to suggest the top pick will be found in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

In fact, there is every reason to believe history will be made when the QMJHL is likely to produce the top two picks next June in Columbus.

A few months ago, Quebec centre Angelo Esposito looked like the undisputed projected No. 1, based on an incredible 39-goal, 98-point rookie season with the Memorial Cup champion Remparts.

COMPLETE ARTICLE

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah, it'll be good to see who really takes over the top spot by midseason.

Will Esposito start to have another fantastic season and cement himself as the #1? Or will Jakub Voracek show the world that he should be the first taken?

And that's just the Q!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jesus says : Esposito had a wonderful season and did not just flourish during one tournament. Barring Esposito plays terribly this season he will be the #1 pick in 07'

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also agree with Jesus+ Christ, that barring a major setback Esposito should take #1.

And I also agree with his signature. Go Leafs!!!!!:)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I think at this point Esposito is the No.1 pick, but wasn't Phil Kessel at this time also suggested to go first overall? Then the World Junior's came along and his status kinda faded. I hope Esposito is the clear-cut #1 pick for the NHL he is a very talented player and it would be a shame if his staus fell like Kessel's did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts