Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pierre McGuire
1/4/2007 12:40:39 AM

It's almost impossible to be an offensive star when you have to play against Marc Staal and Ryan Parent. They know how to close a gap, they take away your space, they have active sticks, they're both very mobile and they're frustrating to play against.

But we knew going into the tournament that the big story for Canada would be their defence. With Staal, Parent, Luc Bourdon, Kristopher Letang, Kris Russell, Cody Franson and Karl Alzner, there are no weaknesses in the Canadian defence.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
712 Posts
I actually think that I am smarter then Pierre "The Weiner" McGuire, okay i know Canada has good Defence but Russia's is better they have only aloud 3 goals. In Russia they are saying the same thing only that Russia's defence is better then Canada's.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
I actually think that I am smarter then Pierre "The Weiner" McGuire, okay i know Canada has good Defence but Russia's is better they have only aloud 3 goals. In Russia they are saying the same thing only that Russia's defence is better then Canada's.
Are you cheering for Russia? Because if you are thats kind of sad that your not even cheering for your own country to win, let alone your not cheering for Hockey Country where you live and play in.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Im not trying to be a jerk to you Canuck man, but you dont know me, I have been cheering for Russia every since i started watchin hockey, if you ask anybody that knows me they can get over it that I cheer for Russia. I just think of international hockey like a hockey team, I like TEAM RUSSIA. Not a big fan of the country itself, i just prefer russian style of hockey over Canadian.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would like to add I think Pierre McGuire is smart and has a wide range of hockey knowledge. BUT to get on topic Canada's defence has definitly been the reason Canada has got this far. Kris Russell scoring 4 goals, Luc Bourdon getting the tieing goal yesterday. etc!
Going to be a great game Go Canada Go!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts