Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 11, 2006
by Todd Anderson

With the arrival of forward Dean McAmmond, who played with the St. Louis Blues last season and signed as a free agent with Ottawa on Aug. 2, Senators head coach Bryan Murray has been given another player to slot into any spot in the lineup.

“(McAmmond) is going to be a good hockey player on this team,” Murray says. “We’re trying him in different situations to see what he can do for us. He’s a versatile guy. He’ll probably play up and down the lineup, and I think he can be a good penalty killer for us.”

During his 15-year NHL career, McAmmond has played with the likes of Craig Conroy and Jarome Iginla with the Calgary Flames, and Michael Nylander and Steve Sullivan with the Chicago Blackhawks. While he has fit in well on scoring lines such as those, the speedy forward is also useful in a checking-line role.

“On those lines in Calgary and Chicago, I basically played defence,” he jokes. “I pride myself to be able to play with the third and fourth line in a checking role, and I also pride myself in stepping up and playing with the top two lines and being able to keep pace.”

COMPLETE STORY

1 - 1 of 1 Posts