Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering when the last cuts are going to be made for this team.

Matt Stajan, Kyle Wellwood, Alexander Steen and Alexei Ponikarovsky are all a given for the big club.

What about the others though? Are there going to be any new Leafs taking over some roster spots?

Namely, Forwards Johnny Pohl, Aleksander Suglobov, and Bates Battaglia.

Could it possibly mean the end of Nik Antropov, and will Wade Belak be sitting out?

On Defence, are injuries to Carlo Colaiacovo, Staffan Kronwall, and Brendan Bell going to effect the way things pan out there? I thought that Colaiacovo was a given before, but now it's more up in the air.

Ian White seems to have landed a spot however.

Goaltending is another issue not resolved. Even until now, it's still not certain which one of J.S. Aubin and Mikael Tellqvist will be taking the back-up position and who will be used as trade bait (or at the very least sent to the farm).

Actually, I'm not even certain about Andrew Raycroft from what he's showing.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Raycroft will be the starter on day one if only because TurdFerg wants him to be. The back up spot will be a tough a spot to decide though. As far as the blueline goes, I can't even tell what it's going to look like next week and I guess it depends on who's available.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far it looks like

Kaberle-McCabe
Gill-Kubina
???-White

Though I'd prefer Kaberle-Kubina for the top pairing for 5-on-5 play. It seems much more solid.

I don't know about the rets though.

Gill-McCabe perhaps, to round out the top 4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts