Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all you leaf fans. i just noticed today that the Maple Leafs section of hockeyforums.com has more posts than any of the other teams. why is that? the leafs stink. you might as well put out their whole minor league team, and they would be better. and what is with that goalie. the drunk, ed belfour. i am a very big stars fan. when belfour lost 4 straight to the blues, i knew he was gettin too old, and when we didnt make the playoffs the next season, i thot he would retire. but he did somthin much worse(for the leafs, that is). he went to play for the Maple Leafs. why would the leafs want to let go of joseph, who by the way was much worse with the wings than with the leafs, for eddie belfour. the only good players on the team are mogilny and nolan, and neither of them are among the elite in the league. nolan can hit, mogilny can score. neither can do both. take a look at jarome iginla, or jason arnott and bill guerin, or todd bertuzzi, or mike comrie. they can all do both, and most of them are fairly young. the maple leafs just dont have that kind of talent. then again, none of the canadian teams have done well since before 1970 (exception: 1980's Oilers). the only reason that they did good then was becaus they made a deal with the NHL to give them a chance at selecting european players befor any other team. that gave them a way unfair advantage (if you dont believe me, fine. but if you've heard of Daniel Cote, then i'll tell you now, it came straight out of his mouth. my friend is good friends w/him) i just hope that you leafs fans arent thinkin great of your team when they really arent that great. same with all the other canadian teams. the only teams that are doing relatively good now are the senators and the canucks, and they still couldnt get past the second round.

so in conclusion, i just wanted to say that im sick of hearin about all these canadian teams that are supposedely good, but they're not. i do hope though, that canadian teams turn themselves around. i do like the senators and the canucks a little, but i hope for the sake of competition that the canadian teams get Much better.

have a good hockey season everyone!!!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Where to begin???

starsfreak56 said:
ok all you leaf fans. i just noticed today that the Maple Leafs section of hockeyforums.com has more posts than any of the other teams. why is that? the leafs stink.
Tell us something we don't know. You love them or hate them, move on!!!

why would the leafs want to let go of joseph, who by the way was much worse with the wings than with the leafs, for eddie belfour.
Want to try some more ignorance??? You know that Joseph chose to leave!!!

then again, none of the canadian teams have done well since before 1970 (exception: 1980's Oilers).
..and WTF did the Habs accomplish in the 70's I might add???

the only reason that they did good then was becaus they made a deal with the NHL to give them a chance at selecting european players befor any other team. that gave them a way unfair advantage (if you dont believe me, fine. but if you've heard of Daniel Cote, then i'll tell you now, it came straight out of his mouth. my friend is good friends w/him)
Well, if he's friends with him, we all better shut-up!!! :roll: Have you ever considered becoming a defense attorney???

just hope that you leafs fans arent thinkin great of your team when they really arent that great. same with all the other canadian teams. the only teams that are doing relatively good now are the senators and the canucks, and they still couldnt get past the second round.
Well, Ottawa made it the third round last year and I haven't seen too many Leaf fans shooting off their mouths about the annual parade down Bay and Yonge Street!!!

so in conclusion, i just wanted to say that im sick of hearin about all these canadian teams that are supposedely good, but they're not. i do hope though, that canadian teams turn themselves around. i do like the senators and the canucks a little, but i hope for the sake of competition that the canadian teams get Much better.

have a good hockey season everyone!!!
I can DIE now!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Where the hell did this come from?????

EJ I have yet to see a real true Leaf fan planning parades, the only ones planning parades down young st are the Leaf bashers.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I must commend the Leaf fans here at hockeyforums.com

They are fans, who show respect, and don't talk the talk all the time. They are honest.

Its a BIG change from most of the Leaf fans on the old sportsnet..wow..did somebody say, obnoxious? :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Thanks Tim, from what I have seen most of us Leaf fans have been straight forward on this forum, SN was just a pre-adolescent free for all, I would not pigeon hole all Leaf fans as arrogant know nothings, leafhatred is finding it harder and harder to find a new forum to expell the same old same old. He is basically cutting and pasting exactly the same things that he cut and pasted on SN, I kid you not, this is the exact same post he posted on SN 6 months agao.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Well I'm no Leaf fan, but why the slag on Belfour? Last year he played just terribly for a month or two, everyone was screaming for his head and telling he was washed up. But he then played brilliantly for the rest of the year. Even though I don't like his attitude (actually the stories about his attitude), he deserves a lot of credit for knuckling down and winning games - lots of them. huh?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Earnhardt said:
Where the hell did this come from?????

EJ I have yet to see a real true Leaf fan planning parades, the only ones planning parades down young st are the Leaf bashers.
ummm...well, how about Mel Lastman coming and saying to the media after the Leafs took Ottawa out in 2002, saying that they've set aside some money in case the Leafs win a Cup, for security and promotion.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
ummm...well, how about Mel Lastman coming and saying to the media after the Leafs took Ottawa out in 2002, saying that they've set aside some money in case the Leafs win a Cup, for security and promotion.
Please do not confuse the average Leaf fan with Mr Lastman, consider the source before you condemn us, I hear lots of politicians speak out of both sides of their mouths, one only has to look to Ottawa itself for polispeak. As I said don't pigeon hole all Leaf fans for the actions and words of a few, much the same as I do not pigeon hole the average Leaf hater in the same class as our bud here Leafhatred, pay me the same courtesy.

And grimster I was one of the guys last year who had Eddie blowing a headgasket before Christmas, well did he prove me and a lot of people wrong, hopefully he plays the same way this year.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
even if mel lastman said that, i dont think it foolish to plan ahead in case the city was presented with a possible all out party downtown. if you've ever lived in toronto, you would know that we party in our streets all the time. whether it be for the soccer world cup or canadas gold medal win. please, dont make silly comparisons though. we're talking about leaf fans here not city politicians.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Craven Morehead said:
then again, none of the canadian teams have done well since before 1970 (exception: 1980's Oilers).
..and WTF did the Habs accomplish in the 70's I might add???
I think the Habs won something like 5 cups in the 70's. You call that doing well? 8 or 9 cups maybe, but not just 5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts