Hockey Fan Forums banner

Who is the best goalie in the NHL?


  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manny Legace will sign with the Blues this week to a 2 year deal which could be worth4.6 million. The Blues really need a goalie....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,444 Posts
1. Kipper
2. Marty B
3. Luongo

Anyway: I don't thin klegace should have been blamed for Detroit not getting past the Oilers this playoffs. He didn't let in many weak goals, and I thought he was very solid for them all year.

The deal sin't official yet, but would Detroit be interested now that the Belfour option is gone? What about Hasek?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,388 Posts
StevieY19 said:
I sure hope not. I was hoping the Wings would resign him. The wings really blew it letting Legace go.
Yeah, what is up with that? He never caused them any problems, did he?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
The deal sin't official yet, but would Detroit be interested now that the Belfour option is gone? What about Hasek?
Hasek would be a monumental gamble.
Look at the ottawa senators.
If it pays off...if he stays healthy....if he can handle the workload after re-injuring his groin at such an old age.....then he's a steal for the low amount he'll likely sign for.

As far as i'm concerned, there are too many if's surrounding his name, and you'd be better off signing yourself a younger netminder.

As for Hasek, he should just retire while he still has the respect of all of his fans, still.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
james salera said:
Manny Legace will sign with the Blues this week to a 2 year deal which could be worth4.6 million. The Blues really need a goalie....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I hope they use Sanford as a backup.
That kid looked dynamite in net for the blues last season(That right there says alot about you, when you can put up stellar numbers....on the blues hockey team).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
1. Kipper
2. Marty B
3. Luongo

Anyway: I don't thin klegace should have been blamed for Detroit not getting past the Oilers this playoffs. He didn't let in many weak goals, and I thought he was very solid for them all year.

The deal sin't official yet, but would Detroit be interested now that the Belfour option is gone? What about Hasek?

ya for real on Manny, its a high calling to be a goaltender in Hockey Town. you have to love him.. he had a great season.. fans are so hard on the goaltenders though.. at one point in '02 they pretty much were riding Dominik Hasek in the playoffs when the wings were in that lil slump in the beginning!

Holland says absolutely not on Hasek for the simple reason, dom pulled that stunt of leaving when his groin was messed up. I have nothing against him. at least he would play, and play well for detroit. but it doesnt matter what type of goaltender you got, you have to have the talent in front of the goaltender as well.

we need some scoring offensive punch.. but as i say, Offense sells tickets, Defense Wins Championships!

even though the wings need offense.. the defense needs to be equally balanced.. and i dont get why we are keeping pavel if we cant get him some strong wingers, i mean the guy cannot penetrate center ice.. cause they are all under 190 lbs you need some beefy guys on the wings when you have a small center.. and really, in any situation you should have strong wingers.:)

so that is what detroit needs to have before we can even worry about goaltending. might as well put in young howard if we arent going to get a lil talent to balance out some of the young blood!:thumbsup:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top