Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illegal stick? Why try that at that point in the game unless you were damn sure it was right?

He better lose his job over the summer. I'm so tired of Craig and his bone head calls weighing down our team.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Illegal stick? Why try that at that point in the game unless you were damn sure it was right?

He better lose his job over the summer. I'm so tired of Craig and his bone head calls weighing down our team.
That was a classic MacT move last night, the Oiler's didn't need a powerplay to give them any more of an advantage. They had momentum, they were getting everything going their way. The thing is Oilers' management is flawed, there's far too strong a connection between Lowe, Tambillini and MacT. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig stays another year.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a classic MacT move last night, the Oiler's didn't need a powerplay to give them any more of an advantage. They had momentum, they were getting everything going their way. The thing is Oilers' management is flawed, there's far too strong a connection between Lowe, Tambillini and MacT. I wouldn't be surprised if Craig stays another year.
Katz said he would have no problem firing a friend. Hopefully that means MacTavish's days are numbered.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I don't think Mac.T is the main problem, I think the oilers need to find somebody who can be a more consistant trigger man.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think Mac.T is the main problem, I think the oilers need to find somebody who can be a more consistant trigger man.
Well yea, that would help. A top notch sniper would be great, I just don't see him coming anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
MacT is a good coach in small doses. However as the every day bench boss running every practice he's over his head. He would be well suited to return to being a strategy guy on the staff of a quality head coach.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It didn't take very long after the season. MacTavish is gone. Can't wait for the new start for the Oil.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I wouldn't say he got fired.....

There's still a lotof problems with oil management and I have a feeling Lowe's still calling a lot of the shots.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't say he got fired.....

There's still a lotof problems with oil management and I have a feeling Lowe's still calling a lot of the shots.
I don't mind Lowe calling shots, as long as Tamballinni is the smokescreen since Lowe has made some enemies.

I'm honestly very excited for a coaching change. I just hope we don't try to do a roster tweak where we trade young talent for a shot at the playoffs. We aren't there yet.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't mind Lowe calling shots, as long as Tamballinni is the smokescreen since Lowe has made some enemies.

I'm honestly very excited for a coaching change. I just hope we don't try to do a roster tweak where we trade young talent for a shot at the playoffs. We aren't there yet.
There aren't that many unemployed coaches out there, they'll probably only manage to find someone do an interm job. Is that really better than Mctavish coaching another year?

I'd put my money on their assistant coach; Hughes getting the short term coaching gig.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There aren't that many unemployed coaches out there, they'll probably only manage to find someone do an interm job. Is that really better than Mctavish coaching another year?

I'd put my money on their assistant coach; Hughes getting the short term coaching gig.
We shall see. There are quite a few unemployed coaches out there, the only question is if they're unemployed by choice, or looking for work.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

You Realize there are coaches on the job right now that they can get in the off-season right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts