Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/14/2006 6:31:14 PM

VANCOUVER (CP) - Roberto Luongo has read some of the names etched on the tombstones in the Vancouver Canucks goaltender graveyard.

The list includes Dan Cloutier, Alex Auld, Kevin Weekes, Johan Hedberg, Bob Essensa, Garth Snow and Felix Potvin.

These ghosts of goaltenders past weren't haunting Luongo Thursday as he prepared for his first NHL training camp with the Canucks.

"I know what I can do and I'm here to do my job," said the 27-year-old Montreal native. "I can't help what happened here in the past.

"I'm very serious about the way I work and the way I play. I'm here to do my best and help this team get a Stanley Cup possibly."

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Canadian PressThe list includes Dan Cloutier, Alex Auld, Kevin Weekes, Johan Hedberg, Bob Essensa, Garth Snow and Felix Potvin. TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader
LOL! Well, I don't know about Auld yet, but that's not the best list they could have had.:laugh:

Getting a goaltender like Luongo is a HUGE step in the right direction, as they finally made a real pitch to fix that hole in their line-up: Goaltending.

But just as that's the case, the defence and offence take huge hits, so they still have a long way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts