Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
6/30/2006 1:25:01 PM

Sources have told TSN that the Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired Marc Denis from the Columbus Blue Jackets for forward Fredrik Modin and Finnish netminder Fredrik Norrena.

With Pascal Leclaire ready for the starting job, GM Doug MacLean let the word out to his fellow GMs this spring that Denis was available.

"I'm going to be patient with that because I've got two goalies that I feel are in a great price range," MacLean said earlier this month.

"One's 28 and one's 23. One's going into his prime and one's ready to take off. I feel really good about both of them but I don't feel I'm going to be able to keep both long-term, as a matter of fact I know that."

Denis, 28, had a 21-25-1 record last season with a 3.25 goals-against average and .900 save percentage.

He is eligible to become a restricted free agent on July 1.

Modin, 31, scored 31 goals and 54 points last season for the Lightning. In nine seasons with the Lightning and Toronto Maple Leafs, the Swedish winger has 183 career goals and 362 points.

Selected by the Lightning in the seventh round (213th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Norrena has spent the past four seasons in the Swedish Elite League and helped lead Vastra Frolunda to the league title in the 2002-03 season. He led the league in goals-against average in 2003-04 (1.69) and 2005-06 (2.16).

Details to follow.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Canadian Press
6/30/2006 1:32:28 PM

TAMPA, Fla. (CP) - The Tampa Bay Lightning have the No. 1 goalie they've been looking for.

The team acquired Marc Denis from the Columbus Blue Jackets today in exchange for winger Fredrik Modin and goalie Fredrik Norrena.

Tampa has been looking for a top goaltender since losing Nikolai Khabibulin after the Lightning won the Stanley Cup in 2004.

Modin is a nine-year NHL veteran and won a gold medal with Sweden at the Olympics in Turin.

Denis has been with the Blue Jackets for six NHL seasons while Norrena has spent 12 seasons playing in Sweden and Finland.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts