Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I thought it was time to get to really know each other or for some to get reaquainted.

Post a little bit about yourselves, where you are from, your ancestry, your favorite team, your likes or dislikes. Anything you would like to share with us all. I'll start.

My online name Amoroq means wolf in Inuit(Eskimo) I've been told its spelled wrong but everytime I do a search I keep finding it the way it is now, So be it ;) Oh and no, I'm not Inuit, I am English on my Dads side and Scot on my Moms. One of my favorite movie moments is from Trainspotting

Tommy: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?
Renton: I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the low. Most people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We're colonised by wankers. We couldn't even find a decent race to be colonised by. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, and no amount of fresh air is ever going to change that.


I hail from the City of Toronto, home of the Leafs, Jays, Argos, The Rock. All of whom have won multiple championships in their respective leagues. So yes I'm a homer and cheer for the home teams. Not that big of a fan of the CFL but the Argos are the current CFL champs, so i cheer :)

I now live in Niagara Falls Ontario, been living here since 95 and I am in the Hotel/Hospitality business.

I was born in May of 1964 and just turned 3 when the Leafs last won Lord Stanley, so I'm one of a select few who can at least say they won a cup during my lifetime ;)

I'm married with a son who turns 4 also in May, and with another baby on the way.

My favorite moment in hockey is being at Maple Leaf Gardens, when Sittler scored 6 goals and 4 assists VS the Boston Bruins. A record that still stands and I doubt thats one that won't ever get broken, but anything is possible.

Another moment I'll always remember is when Joe Carter hit that walk off home run to win the Jays a World Series.

Enough about me, lets hear about you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
I was born on September 27 1986 in Campbell River, BC and am now living in Nanaimo, BC. I am 6'1 180 lbs with brown hair and blue eyes. I am a huge sports fan with my favorite teams being the Canucks, Lions, Bluejays, and Suns. I have been watching sports for as long as I can remember, but I really got into it in 92 when the jays won there first of back to back championships. Other things I enjoy besides sports are: Friends, Music, Video games, and my PC. Current things are World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 8, and Kid Rock. My favorite moment in hockey was going to a canucks game when my dad caught an arrant puck that came into the stands.:smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
I was born July 27, 1988 in Sarnia, Ontario. I just moved recently but we're still close to Sarnia so I didnt bother changing my location.
I love sports, and although we are on a hockey site my favourite sport to play is basketball. However, my favourite sport to follow is hockey. My favourite teams are the Canucks(Naslund), the Titans(McNair, but he's going), the Lakers(and yes i still support Kobe even after this last year, hes still great at basketball), and in baseball, I guess the Yankees :haha: cus I really like Derek Jeter. But I'm not a huge baseball fan so that doesnt matter. I'm also a fan of the Sarnia Sting, which hurt this year, cus I have a lot of friends who cheer for the London Knights. But that's okay, because I predict a good year for Sarnia next year with all those young players we got this year.
I'm still in school, actually grade 11, and I'm hoping to be a doctor or maybe a paramedic some day.
I still hope to have a lot more hockey game experiences to talk about, but for now, since I'm a poor teenager, I guess my favourite hockey moment was going on the ice at game 4 of the London/Windsor series this year. Good times hey glg02 and glg24? ya that was a lot of fun.
Well I guess that's it, if there's anymore I'll add it sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
I was born in St. Charles Illinois on March 11th, 1985. I am 5'10" 165 lbs. with short brown hair and blue eyes. I'm Irish and German, with a mix of only God knows what else. Apparently I am related to John Quincy Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, on my Dad's side. I've never seen the geneaology(sp?) thanks to my brother who lost it. I live with my Mom and Stepdad, and his 4 kids. Oh having sisters is SOOOOO much fun. I go from having one brother my whole life to 3 stepsisters and a stepbrother. I've moved around quite a bit in the last 10 years, but always within the Fox Valley area. I moved east closer to the city in the last 5 years or so, but it's not much different from where I used to live. I would like to move out to Colorado to stay with my Dad but I have so many responsibilites, it's just not possible right now. My fav. sport is hockey, with my favorite moment being anytime I'm on the ice. :wink I grew up playing, and intend to do so until I'm too old. So I got some time I think.........other hobbies I have include fishing, playing some bass guitar (always slappin) and just hanging out and barbecuing with my friends. I drive a '04 Toyota Corolla, with gas prices these days I'm glad I'm not driving my big truck anymore. My goal in life is to simply be happy, as that seems to be unattainable to a lot of people nowadays. I have a nephew named Owen who's all of 2 (and a half) and has the personality to go with it. He's my future NHLer, I'll have him on skates by his 3rd birthday. :score:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bman2414 said:
I was born on September 27 1986 in Campbell River, BC and am now living in Nanaimo, BC. I am 6'1 180 lbs with brown hair and blue eyes. I am a huge sports fan with my favorite teams being the Canucks, Lions, Bluejays, and Suns. I have been watching sports for as long as I can remember, but I really got into it in 92 when the jays won there first of back to back championships. Other things I enjoy besides sports are: Friends, Music, Video games, and my PC. Current things are World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 8, and Kid Rock. My favorite moment in hockey was going to a canucks game when my dad caught an arrant puck that came into the stands.:smile:
The only games I've played are Madden, NHL 2004, both CSI games and the Law and Order games which are really cool.

I'll forgive the fact you are a nucks fan, everyone is entitled to make an error in judgement from time to time :whis:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LittleLittleJonny said:
I was born July 27, 1988 in Sarnia, Ontario. I just moved recently but we're still close to Sarnia so I didnt bother changing my location.
I love sports, and although we are on a hockey site my favourite sport to play is basketball. However, my favourite sport to follow is hockey. My favourite teams are the Canucks(Naslund), the Titans(McNair, but he's going), the Lakers(and yes i still support Kobe even after this last year, hes still great at basketball), and in baseball, I guess the Yankees :haha: cus I really like Derek Jeter. But I'm not a huge baseball fan so that doesnt matter. I'm also a fan of the Sarnia Sting, which hurt this year, cus I have a lot of friends who cheer for the London Knights. But that's okay, because I predict a good year for Sarnia next year with all those young players we got this year.
I'm still in school, actually grade 11, and I'm hoping to be a doctor or maybe a paramedic some day.
I still hope to have a lot more hockey game experiences to talk about, but for now, since I'm a poor teenager, I guess my favourite hockey moment was going on the ice at game 4 of the London/Windsor series this year. Good times hey glg02 and glg24? ya that was a lot of fun.
Well I guess that's it, if there's anymore I'll add it sometime.
Oh to be in grade 11 again. To know then what we know now is the key to the universe...but I've yet to find it ;)....You are from Ontario and your not a leaf fan...oh the humanity!!! A fan of the evil empire....there goes the neighbourood!! Well good luck in school, stay in it as long as you can, its a harsh world and an education will help you along the way :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oogenstein said:
I was born in St. Charles Illinois on March 11th, 1985. I am 5'10" 165 lbs. with short brown hair and blue eyes. I'm Irish and German, with a mix of only God knows what else. Apparently I am related to John Quincy Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, on my Dad's side. I've never seen the geneaology(sp?) thanks to my brother who lost it. I live with my Mom and Stepdad, and his 4 kids. Oh having sisters is SOOOOO much fun. I go from having one brother my whole life to 3 stepsisters and a stepbrother. I've moved around quite a bit in the last 10 years, but always within the Fox Valley area. I moved east closer to the city in the last 5 years or so, but it's not much different from where I used to live. I would like to move out to Colorado to stay with my Dad but I have so many responsibilites, it's just not possible right now. My fav. sport is hockey, with my favorite moment being anytime I'm on the ice. :wink I grew up playing, and intend to do so until I'm too old. So I got some time I think.........other hobbies I have include fishing, playing some bass guitar (always slappin) and just hanging out and barbecuing with my friends. I drive a '04 Toyota Corolla, with gas prices these days I'm glad I'm not driving my big truck anymore. My goal in life is to simply be happy, as that seems to be unattainable to a lot of people nowadays. I have a nephew named Owen who's all of 2 (and a half) and has the personality to go with it. He's my future NHLer, I'll have him on skates by his 3rd birthday. :score:
Thats quite the lineage you have there! A song has just popped into my head. Maybe you know it. "Heres a story, of a Man named Brady....."

LOL, I have always prefered playing the game of hockey then anything else but its been awhile since I laced up the skates. I played in a beer league a long long time ago. That was a lot of fun. 3am, in a rink way up on Hwy 27 (North of Toronto).

Being happy is all that we can hope for really. Doent't matter what we do, as lomng as you are happy thats the key. Good goal to have, good for you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Amoroq said:
I'll forgive the fact you are a nucks fan, everyone is entitled to make an error in judgement from time to time :whis:

Your a funny guy Amo.:liar: What happened in 94 again??? Oh ya the Nucks beat your stupid laffs and went to the finals.:hahaha: I badly want to see these two teams make it to the finals against each other just so I could watch the Nucks clean the ice with all them oldies.:hat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Pens6615 said:
Is it just me or is there only about 6 of us members left?:baghead:
Yea, that sounds about right. I actually saw a couple of posts by the good Reverend, I'm glad he's back. HF is really slow lately, hopefully that will change soon. I've seen it on other boards as well, so this isn't the only place were we have nothing to talk about. Maybe if we prayed every night, OH LORD, GIVE US HOCKEY TO EASE OUR ANGUISH, GIVE US HOCKEY SO WE CAN LOVE AGAIN, GIVE BETTMAN AND GOODENOW THE POWER TO SHUT THE **** UP AND START THE NHL AGAIN. AMEN. P.S. I NEED MY HOCKEY FIX(ED):mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
My name is Andrew and I'm from Andover, Massachusetts, USA. I was born on Feb. 16, 1987. I live about 20 miles north of Boston...The city of champions...Ahhh yess! I'm a diehard Boston fan. I've played hockey for 13 years through youth, high school and juniors, so I know the game pretty well. My competitive career has pretty much come to an end with hockey due to going to college. But I'll still play in mens leagues and stuff on my free time. I'm a student of the game and I love it and will never stop following it. I'm a huge Bruins fan and i wish they would come back so badly. I'm sure you all miss your hometown teams. I have a couple of AHL teams around my area that are pretty good. Lowell and Providence are playoff contenders. But nothing is ever like going to a Bruins game at the Fleetcenter. :smile: I just recently joined this forum and so far I like it a lot. I've been on it everyday and I'm learning a lot of new hockey stuff and I hope my input comes into use to others. Thanks.

p.s- PLEASE CHECK OUT THE QMJHL THREAD QUESTION I SUBMITTED!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bman2414 said:
Your a funny guy Amo.:liar: What happened in 94 again??? Oh ya the Nucks beat your stupid laffs and went to the finals.:hahaha: I badly want to see these two teams make it to the finals against each other just so I could watch the Nucks clean the ice with all them oldies.:hat:
I accept the challenge. Notice I didn't use any colourful words to describe your wonderfull team? Neat how that works eh?:nono:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bostonfan4665 said:
My name is Andrew and I'm...
Hi Andrew. The family and I have always wanted to get up to Mass and check it out, maybe get to a game at the Fleet. My hockey career ended in the BHL (Beer Hockey Leage) ;) My pro career, never got out of the hangar, I can't imagine too many scouts at BHL games if any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Amoroq said:
Oh to be in grade 11 again. To know then what we know now is the key to the universe...but I've yet to find it ;)....You are from Ontario and your not a leaf fan...oh the humanity!!! A fan of the evil empire....there goes the neighbourood!! Well good luck in school, stay in it as long as you can, its a harsh world and an education will help you along the way :)
Ya I like being a teenager. I still feel a bit carefree, yet with every day it comes closer and closer to when I have to make big decisions. I do plan to stay in school as long as possible, even with the cost.
Yes I am a canucks fan living only 2.5-3 hours from Toronto. crazy hey, but I'll explain why. Markus Naslund is my favourite player, he's really talented, and he's a true Christian, as am I(and yes i know for a fact that he's a Christian.) As well, I became very frustrated with everyone cheering for the Leafs around here, and with the way the team is run. So, to create some competition and conflict with my friends, I cheer for the canucks. It would be even crazier if I cheered for the Wings around here, but I hope to live for a few more years(my friends might kill me if was a wing fan), and the Wings are...well...old.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
I can guarantee that I'm the only person on this board that hails from the hockey hotbed that is Bismarck, North Dakota. For those of you who are asking, where the hell North Dakota is, it's the one above South Dakota, and below Canada (and no, it's Montana that has "relations" with their goats, not us).:wink

For those who didn't already know, my online name is actually a combination of two of my favorite things, Star Wars and hockey. The "Mad" part comes from the nickname of a Star Wars character in a book, "Mad Vornskr". The "Devil" obviously comes from the fact that I'm a Devils fan.

I should probably explain how it is that someone half the country away is a Devils fan. I didn't really pay much attention to the NHL until the Devils won their first Cup (it also happened to be the first Finals series I'd ever watched). After that, I started to pay attention to the NHL more, but didn't really become a "hardcore" Devils fan until the 1999-2000 season.

My favorite hockey moment also comes from that season, Games 5 and 6 of the Finals against the Stars (who happen to be my second favorite team). They ended up playing somewhere around 11 periods of hockey over those two games, and were two of the most exciting Finals games I've ever seen. Nothing better than winning the Cup in overtime either.

As for some of my other sports interests, because of my location I'm a Vikings and Twins fan. It's interesting actually, I follow one of the most successful teams in the NHL over the last 10 years, but also follow two teams who haven't won in a while (or in the case of the Vikings, ever). I've also gotten more into NASCAR with the NHL's absence, and have watched every race this season. A couple of my favorite drivers are Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Tony Stewart, as well as a few others.

My other interests include reading, movies, video games, hanging out with friends, and a lot of the other boring things that a 20 year old does (although I only have a week until I turn 21).

Anyway, enough of my mindless rambling.:laughyell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Hi Guy and Gals i am new to this site in about the last week and I am a huge JR hockey fan. My name is Larry and I 44 years old. I live in Cranbrook B.C and have since I was 4 years old. I have been a salesman for 26 years and as of 5 weeks ago am on disability waiting for a hip replacement. I was diognosed with degenerating ostio arthritis about 8 years ago and that ended my sports playing days :mad:I will be off work for aprox 2 years. I have a wife and 2 kids and alot of spare time on my hands now. My passion is for my JR team 'KOOTENAY ICE'. the first pages that I will check on will be the JR hockey and then if the NHL comes back i will once again be a Canuck fan. I am also a Super Moderator on a JR hockey board. I hope to get into some good clean banter here and a long happy relationship getting to know some of you all better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
My real name is Jade, I was born on December 31st, 1983 in Buffalo, New York. I was raised in Ontario, Canada. I've liked the Red Wings since I was 11 years old. My favourite player ever is Steve Yzerman. My favourite color is green. I LOvE animals and hoped to be a vet one day, I even went to college for it, but an event changed my mind about it. I am a Jays fan as well. My favourite actor is Sean Connery and my favourte car is a 1963 Corvette. My eyes and hair is brown but I dye my hair all the time. I've had every colour of the rainbow. My trademark in every forum I join is my bold typing.

Wow I'm lame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
I live in Montreal
my favorite show is Family Guy
favorite movie is Anchorman:The legend of Ron Burgandy
favorite band is Queen
I'm 15 years old
All that being said JOIN THE HOCKEY FORUM IN MY SIG! WE NEED MORE MEMBERS!!! :)
 
1 - 20 of 304 Posts
Top