1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leafs' spirits up despite losses

Canadian Press

12/4/2006 3:15:27 PM

TORONTO (CP) - The Maple Leafs were in such a good mood after practice Monday that innocent bystanders were wondering if Mats Sundin might lead his teammates in a chorus of "Jingle Bells" before heading home.

The reality is that they've lost four in a row, and on Tuesday they face a sizzling Atlanta club that blew them away 5-0 last Thursday and has won four in a row.

Small potatoes, say the Leafs.

"I liked our practice," said head coach Paul Maurice. "We had some good jump."

Maurice is a staunch supporter of the power of positive thinking. A velvety voice seizing an opportunity during Maurice's scrum with reporters attempted to squeeze an adjective out of him to describe the Leafs' skid. Could it be a slide, or even a slump?

"The back end has come out a little bit," Maurice responded. "I'm not sure if we're going sideways yet, but we're still on the road."

In his mind, there's been no hint of things turning permanently sour.

"I've always felt you sense it in practice first," said Maurice. "They don't talk to each other on the ice - that's the first sign your team is really squeezing it or feeling the pressure.

"It was all business (Monday) and there was a lot of communication on the ice."
Meh... Honestly, I'm not liking it. They've got to be more intense. Realise the situation that they are in and get ready to fight tooth and nail for every last point thet can get.

There are still a lot of problems that this team has to fix, and I hope that they get to it.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Shakes head at the lack of intensity that Toronto is showing late in games*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts