Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I don't think its a team issue, more of a corporate world issue. Head office doesnt need to win the stanley cup. Us ticket buyers keep returning even when the team is losing, so why spend the bucks to win a cup :confused:

Its a real bummer, but i believe i wont see it in my life time, and im still under 30 :(

Maybe a rebuild would be good, but again its a dollar and cents things.

I just wanna see a stanley cup!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
bizzat1 said:
On the contrary. We need to spend money, just not foolishly. What is the point in owning a sports empire, to make money or to win championships. Obviously for the Teachers Pension Fund and their stock shares it is to makle money. Well how about this novel idea, put a winning product on the floor by spending on quality YOUNG players and we could make even more money. I have yet to hear of a championship team losing money. Toronto has die hard fans who are loyal, maybe too loyal. Maybe if people stopped going to games until they put a contender on the ice they would feel it where it seems to affect them the most, their pocketbooks.

But we don’t need to spend money. We don’t need to win. The fans want a cup, players want a cup, GMs and franchise owners want revenue, a cup is just bonus. I mean really, at the end of the day its still a business, and long as the dollar and cents come rolling in, why change what isn’t broken? It’s a proven recipe!

You’re right though, maybe if fans started stay homing watching American Idol, the leafs would put together a cup winning team, bring the fans back. But again, our loyalty just shows owners that we will settle for 2nd best.
Its brutal, i would love to see the leafs win a cup, but im not holding my breathe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.