Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bob McKenzie
11/28/2006 4:33:36 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs have moved their surplus goalie. Toronto general manager John Ferguson Jr. traded Mikael Tellqvist to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Tyson Nash and a fourth round draft pick.

Nash, 31, has been in the minors this season. He played 50 games for Phoenix last season, notching six assists. His best NHL season was 2000-2001 when he scored eight goals and seven assists for 15 points while piling up 110 penalty minutes.

Nash played with Darcy Tucker in junior, winning Memorial Cups with the Kamloops Blazers.

The Maple Leafs indicated that Nash would be sent to the Toronto marlies of the AHL.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Fourth Round Draft pick is what we're getting along with Tyson Nash. Not too sure what to think of us getting Nash, I read that he didn't crack the yotes training camp, hasn't played in a single nhl game this season.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Nash is a typical Toronto type player, that's for sure!! He'll get under the opposing players skin.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Tyson Nash?! AKA: "The most hated player in Hockey"?

No, I don't like it. And in all honesty, I liked Telly, and don't care much for Aubin, but he didn't step up to the plate and a trade had to be made.

I wish they got something of more potential use in the trade though, like they got from the Leafs.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
i dont think this was a good trade at all. Leafs definetely should have kept telly. He was a great backup and third goalie. Awful trade IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts