Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The math is not good for making the playoffs. There are too many teams in position. Even at 60 % wins the other teams all would have to collapse. The schedule is not good either as there are too many "good" teams coming up in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The truth is: A new coach may bring a little more effort as the players try to impress, but unfortunately they cannot be what they are not. They have been trying but the talent is just not there. Bad news: The new coach is much like Wilson, he is hard on the players and surly with the media. I believe that Burke has made an error here and should have selected a younger coach the players respect and want to follow.we will see.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I'm interested to see how Lupul plays under Carlyle this time around.

“I know the opportunity I’m getting in Toronto, I never would have had in Anaheim,” Lupul told reporters in Anaheim on Nov. 26. “Randy Carlyle just did not see me as that type of player.”

·
Registered
115 Posts
The math doesn't look good for Toronto. They should win tonight but next or coming up are Boston, Pittsburgh, Florida and Washington. Its a tough schedule for the next while. Lupul is not happy, it will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The math doesn't look good for Toronto. They should win tonight but next or coming up are Boston, Pittsburgh, Florida and Washington. Its a tough schedule for the next while. Lupul is not happy, it will be interesting.
Lupul isn't happy? Hell he was dropping to block shots. That is something he never did under Wilson or anywhere else. Carlyle admitted he was wrong about Lupul things seem fine now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Everybody looked "into it" last night even though Montreal are hurting. Boston is next and they have several injuries on their squad. Lupul looked good and Grabby came to life as well. Things are looking up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can't find gold if its not there. The new system of being more physical has the Leafs with 4 injuries after only 3 games. They have lost Lupul and Kessel got hit hard last night. He is just not up to this type of hockey. What earthly good does it do to make a defenseman a healthy scratch at this time of year? Now that they are beat up they have Philly on Saturday night! I wonder about this new coach already.

·
Registered
456 Posts
A new coach isn't the answer

A new coach isn't the answer---getting the Leafs to play sound hockey is. They're toast if they don't start NOW!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Corey, getting them to play both ways is nothing new. The physical stuff they are being asked to do is not their thing. For the most part none of them have had to play that way to get along. Evidence the 4 injuries they just with a game against Philly coming up. Boston didn't want Kessel because he couldn't be a two way player.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts