Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
That's pretty good for sure!! :thumbsup:

6'3" - 243lbs up against 6'4" - 263lbs ....and the winner is? ........

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
something needs to be done with fights just starting like that for no reason what so ever, I think the fighting need to cut down a little in the NHL but not be fully taken out.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Canuck said:
something needs to be done with fights just starting like that for no reason what so ever, I think the fighting need to cut down a little in the NHL but not be fully taken out.
This is just a short clip, we don't know what happened in the game to get it to this point?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Just a couple things on this. First it's not Donald Braesher at all involved in this. It's Georges Laraque against Raitis Ivanans. Second not all fights are about policing a fellow hockey player for an incident.

This bout is covering two aspects of hockey fights. If you notice the score it's 3-2 for Phoenix so when an LA player challenges big Georges if he wins it's a big boost to the bench. Next you'll see that Ivanans is an up and comer in the NHL world of tough guys. The best way to get noticed is to challenge the best. Nobody respects a guy that beats up on the lower rungs of the ladder just when they do well against the top rungs.

Laraque has won both battles this season between these two but don't for a second think that it's over. They'll battle again this year you wait and see.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sorry lol I knew it was Laraque but I just got it mixed up with Brashear, there both hot heads lol. Can a mod change the Brashear to Laraque please? Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ivanans is a monster.I saw him at the rink in Hershey a couple years back when he played for Hamilton in the AHL.Unfortunately there was no violence that game.Hershey at that time had no one who stood much of a chance against him.

Laraque will eventually be beaten and badly.His style is very boring,all he wants to do is throw a couple noogies and toss his opponent to the ice.

Top candidates include George Parros,Shawn Thorton,and Brian McGratan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts