Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca reports that Jason Labarbera is leaving the team indefinitely, to deal with family matters and Garon will be the starter in his absence.

Does anybody know anymore about this? It seems to me that when most people leave the team for family matters, i.e. a funeral or child being born, they usually don't list them as being gone "indefinitely". It must be something serious, but hopefully they release a more specific statement soon.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Well what ever it is i hope it works out for him and his family.

He's played unbelieveably well for the Kings this year and hopefully for him he can continue on where he has left off when he returns.l

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think those are Andy Murray's intentions. He stated last week that despite how good Labarbera was playing, that he was going to continue splitting the two goalie's time. So while Garon has a chance to play every game for who knows how long, when Labarbera comes back I would expect them to continue rotating, unless Garon suddenly turns into Patrick Roy.

has anybody heard anything new about Labarbera's absence?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anybody was wondering, Labarbera's "indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons" seems just about over, as there's reports from the LA media that he will possibly be backing Garon up in tonight's game against the Canucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2476/news

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Well thats good news for the Kings. I can respect the fact he hasn't made his personal life public as as fans we don't need to know when certain hardship falls upon athletes or their familys if this was in fact the case.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I know the family, very tough situation for a young guy to deal with, he'll be backing up tonight.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Blades of Steel Wool said:
How do you know them?
Well, I live in the same town, coached minor hockey when both he and his brother were peewees and bantams, and I work with one of his close family members.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yoata said:
Well, I live in the same town, coached minor hockey when both he and his brother were peewees and bantams, and I work with one of his close family members.
Interesting, thanks for replying. It's just good to know he's workerd things out or whatever and is comin back (sooner than i expected)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts