Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to congratulate him on his 500 career point when he got an assist off Ryders goal, and he did deserve that standing ovation. I really respect him and he's the hearth and soul of the Habs.

I was reading an article and they said that Koivu is a Steve Yzerman kind of captain, which is saying a lot, because Stevie Y is known has one of the best Captains in NHL history.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats to Saku. I believe the article you're referring to, Saku is a great captain, may not have the offensive flash of Yzerman but I think he is as good of a captain as Stevie Y was. And Koivu's having a pretty good offensive year so far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's obvious that Koivu isn't near of Yzerman scoring wise, but he's a great leader like Stevie Y was.

I also agree he's going to retire as a Montreal Player, and he's going to have his number retired as well, cannot wait to see that ceramony.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Definetly when his career is over his #11 will be retired.

and Joe Solak i like your avatar pic. Koivu #11 on they're old or this years 3rd jersey. Those jerseys are so nice. They should wear them more often

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Congrats to him. A great player with a great accomplishment.

He's a warrior, that's for sure. Not many players fight through as much adversity as this guy has.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts