Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im going 2 buy a one piece composite stick prob a sealth grip i want to know whats the closet blade curve to a crossover in the easton thow. i really love the crossover curve and all but im also willing to try one thats a little differnt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not too sure what the standard pattern of the crossover is. Do you have a picture of it? I thought it was a fairly typical big mid-curve, possible mid-toe. Maybe someone else knows for sure, but a picture would definately help. As far as big mid curves go, easton offers the gaborik.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
well, I was wrong about the mid/mid-toe because that jagr is more of a heel. Thr drury is a pretty nice heel, but it has a lot of loft that you might not be used to. Also, the lie might be different than your jagr.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the jagr doesnt say 5.5 or anything but i think its 5.5
ive used blades and had no slapshot at all then ive used others and had a sick ass shot. its wierd. ill go with the jarg/drury/yzerman/iginla/poti one of those i think, tonight im going down to play a hockey game and ill see what they got for blades. ill buy my stealth after i see what blade curve/pattern i like the most

·
Registered
56 Posts
These are the only Koho blade patterns I could find, off of epuck.com

Koho Curve Type Curve Depth Face Angle Lie Toe Shape

Amonte Mid Deep Slightly Open 5.5 Square
Jagr Heel Moderate Very Open 6 Round
Savage Heel Slight Slightly Open 5.5 Round

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sometimes lies are difficult to determine because of the rocker (curve) at the bottom of the blade. Sometimes there is a curve along the bottom of the blade from the toe to the heel which makes it difficult to find an exact lie.

Your best option would be to buy a few differnt easton curves for your cyclone and see which one you like the best. Once you know what curve works best for you, you can invest on a $200 OPS without worrying about whether or not you made the right curve choice.

Here are the stats on the Drury:
Heel Slight 1/2" Very Open Medium length 5.5 Round toe

And here's the Lidstrom:
Heel Deep 1/2" Very Open Medium length 5.5 Square toe

·
Registered
570 Posts
tide_with_bleach said:
Here are the stats on the Drury:
Heel Slight 1/2" Very Open Medium length 5.5 Round toe

And here's the Lidstrom:
Heel Deep 1/2" Very Open Medium length 5.5 Square toe
These curves are very different.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought a easton z-carbon yzerman im gonna try it and see how i like it
instead of heel its mid
but same exact stats as the jagr im used 2 so i should have my shot and possibly better stick handling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are the only Koho blade patterns I could find, off of epuck.com

Koho Curve Type Curve Depth Face Angle Lie Toe Shape

Amonte Mid Deep Slightly Open 5.5 Square
Jagr Heel Moderate Very Open 6 Round
Savage Heel Slight Slightly Open 5.5 Round
Hello, Do you have any idea where I can find get logo tony a monte torpedo blades?????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts