Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grisly count for the Kings: three periods, four goals allowed, one riot act read.

After three solid games to start the season, the Kings turned in a clunker Thursday night, with subpar play in all facets in a 4-1 loss to the Dallas Stars in front of 14,167 at Staples Center.

Dallas, with solid goaltending and a deep group of forwards, is no pushover on any night, but the Kings looked tepid as they went 0 for 8 on the power play and got another questionable game in goal.

"Tonight we got sand kicked in our face," coach Marc Crawford said after a longer-than-usual postgame chat with his players. "We have to be a much harder-working team than we were tonight. If there's any consolation, it's that we all played a part in it, and now we all have to have a part in correcting it."

complete article

·
Registered
268 Posts
I saw this game ... player talent isn't the problem.

riot act ... pfffft.

The Kings better get used to being out-classed as long as Crow is Head Coach - especially within the Pacific Division.

I cannot believe Andy Murray was replaced by Crow.
:dunno:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Hok. ;)

I'm not sure about how Crawford is, but I don't like that they let Murray go. I heard the players had a huge part in it, and the owner of the team wasn't happy at all, and came to his defence.

Crawford can be frustrating to have at times. I'm not Canucks fans, but they voiced their dipleasure with him plenty of times.

Then again, he has won a Cup. We'll have to wait and see, but I don't get much news on LA from here. I'll try and look into it though, since I'm curious to see how he, Cloutier, and Blake perform for them. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
ooo - a Leaf fan in Ottawa :p

Andy Murray knows how to motivate and inspire players. The Kings used to do well even when 50% of he team was injured. Stirstick Avery prolly had an axe to grind cuz heez a punk.
Crow only squawks - I would be embarassed if he was my coach. He kinda lucked out with his Stanley Cup ring cuz at the time, the Avs were stacked. I wouldn't wait for any news from LA - the Sharks, Ducks, and Stars will provide most of that.

Thanks for the greeting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts