Hockey Fan Forums banner

What Team Will Kessel Play For Next Season?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Los Angeles Kings

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • New York Rangers

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • New Jersey Devils

• San Jose Sharks

• Boston Bruins (stays)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Thanks for the update ;)

Kessel will not do well on the Leafs unless Burke gets another 1st line forward.
Another 1st Line forward?

Are we allowed more than one at a time in Toronto?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I like the idea of having a fast goal scorer at the age of 21 for 5 years. We cannot expect the world of him of course but offensive talents like his are necessary for a team to any success in the NHL and the leafs simply did not have one of his caliber. That being said, we do not have even a 1/3 the play making skills the bruins had last season and I would not expect him to be much more then a 20 goal scorer this season. But even Ponikarovski scored 23 goals so I expect Kessel can pull off a 20 goal season.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yea i think he's going to be in the mid 20's in goals like 27 or even 28. Maybe only 26?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yea that's what peep's do.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Yea i think he's going to be in the mid 20's in goals like 27 or even 28. Maybe only 26?
I know I was one of the people who thought his totals were inflated by playing with Savard last season, but after watching his highlights, Kessel creates a lot of his own chances. IF he plays 65 games this year he could still hit 25.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I know I was one of the people who thought his totals were inflated by playing with Savard last season, but after watching his highlights, Kessel creates a lot of his own chances. IF he plays 65 games this year he could still hit 25.

And if he plays 82.............. he could hit even 30 or even like a little more.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
And if he plays 82.............. he could hit even 30 or even like a little more.
Yeah probably would but I'd love to see a line of Hagman/Poni-Stajan-Kessel. Could easily be our # 1 unit with our 2nd unit being Poni/Hagman (whoever isn't on our first unit) -Grabo- Kulemin. I think Poni is more fit for this 2nd unit especially considering their chemistry last year at the seasons end

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yeah probably would but I'd love to see a line of Hagman/Poni-Stajan-Kessel. Could easily be our # 1 unit with our 2nd unit being Poni/Hagman (whoever isn't on our first unit) -Grabo- Kulemin. I think Poni is more fit for this 2nd unit especially considering their chemistry last year at the seasons end

Kessel will be the leader of that line.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Kessel will be the leader of that line.
I'm not so sure about that. Kessel isn't as vocal as Hagman from what i hear and Hagman has been around longer. He's sort of the veteran on that line so i can see Hagman being the leader

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Why is the poll still open and the thread still active?

Last time I looked it has become a reality, it is not a rumor........

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Why is the poll still open and the thread still active?

Last time I looked it has become a reality, it is not a rumor........
Pipe down old man.:laugh:

Can't believe this forum still exists. The Kessel trade was a good one, glad to see him in Blue and White.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm not so sure about that. Kessel isn't as vocal as Hagman from what i hear and Hagman has been around longer. He's sort of the veteran on that line so i can see Hagman being the leader

Kessel will be his sidekick.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts