Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I just wanted to stop by and let people who are KC hockey fans know about a forum discussion board dedicated to the discussion of NHL hockey in Kansas City. If this is an issue that you are interested in or have an opinion about this you should stop by! It is called My KC Penguins.

I'm sorry, but you can't post the link here!!

The Picture of Mario Lemieux is hilarious!!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Kansas City

I would like to see the NHL bring back the kansas city scouts but not with pittsburgh.the league has other teams that they can move like carolina, nashville, columbus, florida. tampa. pittsburgh in the end will stay in pittsburgh and get there new arena.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Their arena is coming, and the league won't move Nashville now, they're on a roll, have a pretty good sized fanbase and have earned their spot in the league. They're the best team in the league! So there.

=PL=

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
greatestgoalie25 said:
Their arena is coming, and the league won't move Nashville now, they're on a roll, have a pretty good sized fanbase and have earned their spot in the league. They're the best team in the league! So there.

=PL=
Nashville could be eventually going somewhere other than Nashville because they are not getting enough fans to come watch the game and they are not selling much of there merchandise at all. Maybe soon we could hopefully see a change

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
greatestgoalie25 said:

=PL=
First the league doesn't plan the franchise moves that's the franchise themselves. Second just because they are on top of the standings doesn't mean they have to stay put. Dollars keep teams and lack of dollars lose teams. Once upon a time they said you can't trade Gretzky either...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
greatestgoalie25 said:
I believe recent events say otherwise for Nashville. Unless this team is around next year and has an average attendance record of above 14,000 (a no move clause for the franchise) it is likely that this team will be moving to a slightly cooler climate...

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Rids said:
KC might just get one this time. KC Preds...
I dont think theres any way in hell Balsille would move this team to Kansas City now. There markets that want a team such as KC, Oklahoma City, Houston, Portland would most likely do even worse than Nashville is right now. Canada is the perfect place to move a team and I hope Bettman will allow it

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Canuck said:
I dont think theres any way in hell Balsille would move this team to Kansas City now. There markets that want a team such as KC, Oklahoma City, Houston, Portland would most likely do even worse than Nashville is right now. Canada is the perfect place to move a team and I hope Bettman will allow it
If KC ponies up 10-15 mil for big Jim I could see the Preds heading that way.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Rids said:
If KC ponies up 10-15 mil for big Jim I could see the Preds heading that way.
I dont think Jim cares about the money factor at the moment, hes got tons of it. Jimmy boy wont be moving this team to central america ill tell you that

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Do you remember when the Rams moved from LA to St. Louis? That was a different situation but they offered the Rams a brand new dome to play in and something crazy like $100 million. If a city offered you (big Jim) nearly as much as you paid for the team in the first place and has a brand new arena I think you listen. If KC is only offering the 10-15 mil well then it's not as big of a deal.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think KC will have an NHL team by 2010 via relocation. That's not so far away after 2/3 of 2007 have gone by the boards.

What would you think about the Blues moving across their own state? Florida and Nashville are possible relocation teams.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts