Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting story I read.

Alexei Kaigorodov's stay in Ottawa was short, but it was long enough for him to get a serious hate-on for the management.

Kaigorodov didn't hold back from ripping into head coach Bryan Murray and GM John Muckler when returning to Russia, writes the Ottawa Sun.

Kaigorodov's main difficulty was the lack of communication from the coaching staff and what he believed was deception from the Ottawa brass.

"I have a two-year contract with the Senators, but I know for sure that I will not come back to Ottawa's present coach," he said. "Despite continuing to work hard in practices, for some reason, I started receiving increasingly less ice time. The last time we played Boston, I spent two shifts on the ice in the first period, and then didn't go out on the ice at all. The oddest thing is that not even one time the head coach came up to me to explain why this was the case," he said.

"I have a two-year contract with the Senators, but I know for sure that I will not come
Ex-Sen Kaigorodov rips team - Hockey Hearsay - Sportsnet.ca

What do you mean he doesn't know why he got less ice time.
He didn't perform as well as the team expected. He played on the forth line and he didn't have any points at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.