Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting story I read.

Alexei Kaigorodov's stay in Ottawa was short, but it was long enough for him to get a serious hate-on for the management.

Kaigorodov didn't hold back from ripping into head coach Bryan Murray and GM John Muckler when returning to Russia, writes the Ottawa Sun.

Kaigorodov's main difficulty was the lack of communication from the coaching staff and what he believed was deception from the Ottawa brass.

"I have a two-year contract with the Senators, but I know for sure that I will not come back to Ottawa's present coach," he said. "Despite continuing to work hard in practices, for some reason, I started receiving increasingly less ice time. The last time we played Boston, I spent two shifts on the ice in the first period, and then didn't go out on the ice at all. The oddest thing is that not even one time the head coach came up to me to explain why this was the case," he said.

"I have a two-year contract with the Senators, but I know for sure that I will not come
Ex-Sen Kaigorodov rips team - Hockey Hearsay - Sportsnet.ca

What do you mean he doesn't know why he got less ice time.
He didn't perform as well as the team expected. He played on the forth line and he didn't have any points at all.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Maybe thats something the sens needed...trade wise. He said he didn't want to play with Brian Murray there and they could trade him if they plan on keeping Murray there for a while. He is a talented player I think they could get someone of decent value for him.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The Senators fired back at Russian rookie Alexei Kaigorodov yesterday.

GM John Muckler and coach Bryan Murray were incensed when they picked up yesterday's edition of the Sun and read about comments made to a Russian journalist by the first-year centre.

After refusing to accept an assignment to the club's AHL affiliate in Binghamton earlier this month, Kaigorodov returned to his home country where he claimed he was "deceived" by Muckler and had "no communication" with the coaching staff.

That didn't sit well with either Muckler or Murray.

"It's not true ... It's not true at all," said Muckler. "It was unfair to (Murray) what he said because the club wasn't playing well at the time. (Murray) had to play the players that he felt were going to help him get out of the slump.

"It's pretty hard for (Murray) to have confidence in a rookie who hasn't done it before and, therefore, he didn't get the ice time to show his wares. The coach did the proper thing and unfortunately for Alexei he decided not to go to Binghamton, he's back in Russia."

And if Kaigorodov thinks he's going to be able to shop himself around the NHL once his contract expires at the end of the 2006-07 season, Muckler has some news for him.

"He states that he'll be a free agent at the end of the contract, but we'll own his rights until he becomes an unrestricted free agent and that's probably in about five years," said Muckler. "So, if he wants to play in the NHL, he has to come through Ottawa."
CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Ottawa - 'Smart, skillful, small and afraid'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts