Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting. And Kaberle comes cheap plus he is an All-Star. Still only 29 years old the price may be steep. I might pull the trigger to get him. Sather should explore all options here.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152008/sports/rangers/rangers_targets_just_out_of_reach_97703.htm

The New York Rangers are keenly interested in Toronto's Tomas Kaberle, whom The Post has been told would waive his no-trade to come to Broadway. There is, however, no indication the Maple Leafs would move the prime-time defenseman, who comes at a bargain $4.25M per through 2010-11. And even if Cliff Fletcher would trade the 29-year-old Kaberle in order to jump-start the organization's rebuilding process, the price is likely to be steep-as in Bobby Sanguinetti, plus.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The price will be steep.
For sure it will be a steep price.

Look what the Rangers got for Leetch from the leafs and his career was almost over.

Maybe the Rangers could give Maxim Kondratiev & Jarkko Immonen back with some draft picks for Kaberle but not Lauri Korpikoski & Michael Sauer the draft picks from the Leafs in the Leetch deal.

Heck the Rangers can toss Malik in the deal also. :biggrin:

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Mar 08
4,382 Posts
Alexei Cherepanov and/or Bobby Sanguinetti and/or a first... those are the only three things that would catch the Leafs eyes for Kaberle. Leafs would also have to eat some cap, if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alexei Cherepanov and/or Bobby Sanguinetti and/or a first... those are the only three things that would catch the Leafs eyes for Kaberle. Leafs would also have to eat some cap, if i'm not mistaken.
Has the goalies in the leafs system fallen off yet?

Prucha/Montoya & 1st round pick?

Prucha is good if he gets playing time.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
For sure it will be a steep price.

Look what the Rangers got for Leetch from the leafs and his career was almost over.

Maybe the Rangers could give Maxim Kondratiev & Jarkko Immonen back with some draft picks for Kaberle but not Lauri Korpikoski & Michael Sauer the draft picks from the Leafs in the Leetch deal.

Heck the Rangers can toss Malik in the deal also. :biggrin:
No thanks to Malik. I'd like to see the Leafs playing Kronwall sometimes.

As for Kondratiev, he was traded to the Ducks last season.

I'd like Immonen back, but of course this is all depening on whether or not the Leafs trade Kaberle.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No thanks to Malik. I'd like to see the Leafs playing Kronwall sometimes.

As for Kondratiev, he was traded to the Ducks last season.

I'd like Immonen back, but of course this is all depening on whether or not the Leafs trade Kaberle.

Yes i knew he was dealy i was more of less joking about it.

As for Immonen he remains a RFA and is back in europe playing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts