Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exciting times in the ECHL:

"ECHL-Suspended Alaska LW Jeff Smith three games for being assessed a major and game misconduct penalty for spearing and a physical abuse of officials against Bakersfield on Nov. 25. Suspended Long Beach LW Kip Brennan seven games, Long Beach RW Eric Nielson two games, Long Beach D David Walker two games and Phoenix D Alexandre Rouleau one game for an altercation after their game on Nov. 25. Fined the Long Beach organization, coach Rick Adduono, RW Brandon Schwartz and LW T.J. Trevelyan, the Phoenix organization and LW Dan Baum undisclosed amounts for the same incident."

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Sabres Fan the ECHL doesn't stand for anything anymore but in the old days it was the East Coast Hockey League. When they swallowed up the West Coast Hockey League and took teams like Victoria, Alaska, Long Beach and Idaho in they dropped the East Coast reference.

The altercation the above suspensions are talking about was a player leaving the penalty box to start a fight while three others jumped the boards from the bench to get involved too. Almost like the good old days!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
OH yeah I forgot it was that DUH and I live like 10-15 mins from where the Checkers play.

IDIOT I am

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. Sometimes the fingers type faster than the brain remembers. I'm beginning to like the ECHL more and more lately. Would like to travel down to see the Steelheads play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts