Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeremy roenick signe a year deal with the Coyotes. He said he would like to play in Canada, he didn't say he would or had his heart set on it.....but Phoenix isn't that far off from a canadian team. Gretzky(greatest Player/Candian Hockey player) as the Coach and well Phoenix used to be Winnipeg.....so close enough.............Still would of liked to of seen him in a sens uniform.....

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
The Flames almost had him, but Gretzky and co. swooped in and took him.

He was also advised by Darryl Sutter to go to Phoenix and fix things up rather than join his team.

A nice guy that Sutter is. :)

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
The Flames almost had him, but Gretzky and co. swooped in and took him.

He was also advised by Darryl Sutter to go to Phoenix and fix things up rather than join his team.

A nice guy that Sutter is. :)
There has been a lot of family problems lately!!

I don't know what's up with all the families of these players? I mean, when these guys get married, do their wives not know the situation?

Do you think it's because there's more media now, and we hear more about it than before....or.... is it the new excuse everyone is using?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LOL! Yeah, it's kind of freaky.

I'm not very sure of what's going on in these situations. It'shard to tell what's going on.

I do think that some of the wives these guys (NHLers) are marrying these days are somewhat selfish and don't seem at all aware of what they're getting into. That, and the men marrying them don't think of some of the things they'll run into before they go down on one knee and ask "that" question:

A. Does the wife know that a player could get traded anywhere at almost anytime? That will have him avoid the dreaded choice of her vs. millions of fans, possibly most of a country, the media, a multi-million to billion dollar organisation, ad the fact that this player actually likes the place, just because she doesn't like the place.

B. Is she willing to follow him wherever he goes, or will she leave him if he wants to chase down the Cup in the middle to near end of his career?... and take the kids with her to boot, because we all know the man doesn't win the kids in most of these cases.

C. DOES SHE ACTUALLY LIKE HOCKEY?!!! (Particularly the NHL) THIS ONE IS A MUST!!!

Cheers! :) :D :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts