Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's the drama game of the year for us. We have two players returning to their previous arena; Jose Theodore and Patrice Brisebois. It won't be a warm welcome for either player, as both have faced their fare share of abuse from Montreal, and most fans believe they are better without them.

But nonetheless, it will be a very emotional night, and we'll see how both players handle it.

On the other spectrum of things, Aebi sees his team for the first time since being traded. If he gets the start tonight, we'll see how he handles it.

Game starts at 5:00 Mountain Time, go Avs!

·
Registered
56 Posts
This should be a great game,very emotional night and just good hockey. I can't wait to see if Theodore will be bored or cheered or something else.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Trolling aside, four points out of a 3 game NE road trip is respectable, and when the team left everything on the ice (case in point, the Ottawa game) they proved they are legitimate contenders. The Avs have only three games in the next nine days, all at home. If there's any time in the schedule for the team to rest up and come out swinging, it's now. The best thing I've seen so far is how the young players are stepping up their game, and when Leopold and McCormick return, the speed and grit of the team will be that much stronger.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trolling aside, four points out of a 3 game NE road trip is respectable, and when the team left everything on the ice (case in point, the Ottawa game) they proved they are legitimate contenders. The Avs have only three games in the next nine days, all at home. If there's any time in the schedule for the team to rest up and come out swinging, it's now. The best thing I've seen so far is how the young players are stepping up their game, and when Leopold and McCormick return, the speed and grit of the team will be that much stronger.
i agree 100 percent! they had a good roadtrip which showed them some strengths and weaknesses, and they will come home as better team. when leopold comes back, the blueline will b much stronger

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
How could we blow a 3-1 lead? This would have been a perfect Eastern Canadian sweep. But either way it still would have been an exciting game until Montreal finally took it over in the third.

Theodore needs to get back in his game and the defense need to tighten up a bit more.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The reason Theo had sucha poor night is cause unlike the other Eastern team he faced, this one had a crowd all over his back from the first minute to the last, the Montreal crowd is pretty intimidating, you have to be mentally tough to face through them, thats why guys like Roy and Brodeur always played their best in Montreal, because nothing could break into their minds.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Man, Theo 5 goals in the third period. I feel for him, but out road trip to the Canadian teams of the East was pretty Wicked. WE won two of three games. That's respectable. But Theo needs to better if we want a chance at the cup, and so does our D. But when WE get Leopold back, we'll be that much better.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meh, I felt really bad for pat and theo. Booed the whole time. Just goes to show that no matter what you do for Montreal at a time, they don't have much loyalty for their players.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Meh, I felt really bad for pat and theo. Booed the whole time. Just goes to show that no matter what you do for Montreal at a time, they don't have much loyalty for their players.
They do if you knew the story instead of talking **** without knowing any facts, out of all the players in our history that we let go because of the media and the crowd, both Brisebois and Theo were well deserved

·
Registered
759 Posts
Can you care to refresh my mind with this story?
First of all, he created this clique with Ribeiro and Dagenais which turned out to be a bad thing for the habs, all three were known as big partyers especially Ribeiro who was known to be a lazy player and thinking more about his fashion design rather than for his hard work in training. He only went to one class to get his skating better and quit right away knowing thats his weakness.

Second of all, if your a habs fan, you know history plays a big role, french canadians have admired players who always work hard no matter what and who are french canadian players...for example Rocket Richard who was not the most talented and gifted player in the league, but his courage and determination is what made him one of the best. The problem is when Theo got his big contract, it went into his head and with his huge paycheck, he was simply not repaying the fans what they were due....afterall who held out to get a big fat contract over a one great season??? He threaten the club not to play for them unless his demands are met, this is probably expected by any foreign player, but not one of our own....of course after finally getting his big pay, thats when suddenly he puts on some of the worst performances i have seen from a goaltender since the days of Andre Racicot......

With the Montreal fans having to pay a huge sum of money to watch a hockey game, is it no wonder the fans go after the one who makes the most and who doesnt give is best, that is one of the reasons he pissed me and many fans off, but it isnt all.

Then you have the fact that he is friends with the Hells Angels, I dont know where you come from, but in Quebec, Hells Angels or anything gang related is seen as black eye as they have killed a few innocent people in the last 10 years and many quebecquers cant forgive him for that. Then you have the fact that he couldnt handle his personal life for example his affair like with the Paris Hilton affair, I mean c'mon, you know your being watched by everyone and what does he do, he shows up with her hand in hand knowing that he is married and that journalists are there....Sure the private life of someone shouldnt be invade, but you cant be that stupid to bring your mistress infront of journalists who are just waiting for him to slip up.

But the main problem was how his work ethic got poor ever since getting that contract...why do you think the fans all worshiped Bouillon, Begin and Guillaume Latendresse over him and Ribeiro??? All three are less gifted than Theo and Ribeiro, but their determination and will to fight for the team destroyed Theo's and Ribeiro's performance on the ice.

As for Brisebois, thats another nutcase....he is known to be a snobbish person according to journalists and ill never forgive him for deciding to go vacation instead of fighting to regain his fitness while the Habs were struggling in the early 90's...Vladimir Malakhov got the same treatment for doing the samething and was shipped out very quickly after the news broke out.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
First of all, he created this clique with Ribeiro and Dagenais which turned out to be a bad thing for the habs, all three were known as big partyers especially Ribeiro who was known to be a lazy player and thinking more about his fashion design rather than for his hard work in training. He only went to one class to get his skating better and quit right away knowing thats his weakness.

Second of all, if your a habs fan, you know history plays a big role, french canadians have admired players who always work hard no matter what and who are french canadian players...for example Rocket Richard who was not the most talented and gifted player in the league, but his courage and determination is what made him one of the best. The problem is when Theo got his big contract, it went into his head and with his huge paycheck, he was simply not repaying the fans what they were due....afterall who held out to get a big fat contract over a one great season??? He threaten the club not to play for them unless his demands are met, this is probably expected by any foreign player, but not one of our own....of course after finally getting his big pay, thats when suddenly he puts on some of the worst performances i have seen from a goaltender since the days of Andre Racicot......

With the Montreal fans having to pay a huge sum of money to watch a hockey game, is it no wonder the fans go after the one who makes the most and who doesnt give is best, that is one of the reasons he pissed me and many fans off, but it isnt all.

Then you have the fact that he is friends with the Hells Angels, I dont know where you come from, but in Quebec, Hells Angels or anything gang related is seen as black eye as they have killed a few innocent people in the last 10 years and many quebecquers cant forgive him for that. Then you have the fact that he couldnt handle his personal life for example his affair like with the Paris Hilton affair, I mean c'mon, you know your being watched by everyone and what does he do, he shows up with her hand in hand knowing that he is married and that journalists are there....Sure the private life of someone shouldnt be invade, but you cant be that stupid to bring your mistress infront of journalists who are just waiting for him to slip up.

But the main problem was how his work ethic got poor ever since getting that contract...why do you think the fans all worshiped Bouillon, Begin and Guillaume Latendresse over him and Ribeiro??? All three are less gifted than Theo and Ribeiro, but their determination and will to fight for the team destroyed Theo's and Ribeiro's performance on the ice.

As for Brisebois, thats another nutcase....he is known to be a snobbish person according to journalists and ill never forgive him for deciding to go vacation instead of fighting to regain his fitness while the Habs were struggling in the early 90's...Vladimir Malakhov got the same treatment for doing the samething and was shipped out very quickly after the news broke out.
10 people over the years is not alot. Just to tell you. I know a few friends in my town that are friends with the Hell's Angel's for a few years, and no one in that family is dead. But hey, In Quebec, everything is diffrent.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts