Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone after reading todays detroit free press it seems that the current home of the detroit red wings days are numbered.the wings owner is looking at either renovating the JLA or building a new arena in his little area around the fox theater and the new tigers dumpy stadium across the street.this old time hockey fan predicts that the joe louis arena will be gone soon. the city of detroit for years has been wanting to expand cobo hall which is located next door to the wings home arena. so you can kiss the JLA bye bye in a few years.this fan will enjoy the day they bring the wrecking ball down to tear down that arena.i have never like the arena since the day they closed down the HOME of the detroit red wings OLYMPIA STADIUM in 1979.I will be volinteering my help to the wrecking crew to help take down the arena that many fans may not know that just before they opened it in 1979 realized that they forgot to put in a pressbox.to fix that problem they took out a couple rows of seats and put the press box in. So for a change this old time hockey fan is in great mood with this great news. the only thing that would top this is seeing the wrecking ball also tear down the dumpy home of the detroit tigers comerica park also. if anyone wants to read about this JLA story checkout todays detroit free press in section B page 2 everyone have a great and happy day.:)

·
Registered
581 Posts
After seeing some of the modern stadiums with the wide concorse area and the multitude of bathrooms and more room leg room when in your seat I have to say this is a welcome change. I'm sure they can build one at least as nice as the Palace if not better.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new stadium

Snapcat said:
After seeing some of the modern stadiums with the wide concorse area and the multitude of bathrooms and more room leg room when in your seat I have to say this is a welcome change. I'm sure they can build one at least as nice as the Palace if not better.
Who in the world wants to see the wings build another palace. they need to look at the blueprints of the historic OLYMPIA STADIUM and go in that direction for a oldtime first class arena like the olympia was.:twocentsi

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
More Olympia obssession.

Do you ever stop? Comerica Park is beautiful, with waaaaaaay better sight lines than Tiger Stadium.

Olympia could hold how many people? Not 20,000.

Dude, I am saying this as nice as possible, things ALWAYS change. Embrace or be erased.

No, you cant see a movie for $0.25

Yes, gasoline is really $2.85

No, 18 mile road isnt the "country" anymore.

Yes, Olympia was an outdated stadium. If the Wings build a new building, the NHL will hold the AllStar game there, bringing much needed revenue to Detroit.

If you hold this city and its sports teams with such high regard, then you would appreciate that.

Nobody except a miniscule minority wants to pay $85 a seat that might not even give you a good view of the field / ice / etc.

No, professional sporting tickets no longer cost $2.00.

Get...over....it. JLA was a nice facility. But when I go to use the bathroom and instead I find a horse trough with that spooky guy standing on the end enjoying his view, I think things need to change.

Change is inevitable.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Olympia Stadium

Dark Reign said:
More Olympia obssession.

Do you ever stop? Comerica Park is beautiful, with waaaaaaay better sight lines than Tiger Stadium.

Olympia could hold how many people? Not 20,000.

Dude, I am saying this as nice as possible, things ALWAYS change. Embrace or be erased.

No, you cant see a movie for $0.25

Yes, gasoline is really $2.85

No, 18 mile road isnt the "country" anymore.

Yes, Olympia was an outdated stadium. If the Wings build a new building, the NHL will hold the AllStar game there, bringing much needed revenue to Detroit.

If you hold this city and its sports teams with such high regard, then you would appreciate that.

Nobody except a miniscule minority wants to pay $85 a seat that might not even give you a good view of the field / ice / etc.

No, professional sporting tickets no longer cost $2.00.

Get...over....it. JLA was a nice facility. But when I go to use the bathroom and instead I find a horse trough with that spooky guy standing on the end enjoying his view, I think things need to change.

Change is inevitable.
For starters OLYMPIA STADIUM was not a outdated arena. i was down there ,how many times did you go down to olympia. also comerica park sucks, granted i have never been to it and i will never go to it. But i know people that have gone down to it and have been told that comerica park sucks compared to tiger stadium.the JLA has never been a great arena and has always been a very poor replacement for olympia stadium.they need to look at blueprints of the historic olympia stadium if they want to build a first class arena, and dont look at the palace as a refrence to a new arena.as far as olympia stadiums capacity with standing room included it was close to 17,000 .

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
also comerica park sucks, granted i have never been to it and i will never go to it. But i know people that have gone down to it and have been told that comerica park sucks compared to tiger stadium.the JLA has never been a great arena and has always been a very poor replacement for olympia stadium.they need to look at blueprints of the historic olympia stadium if they want to build a first class arena, and dont look at the palace as a refrence to a new arena.as far as olympia stadiums capacity with standing room included it was close to 17,000 .
Here we go again. Joe Louis (though never been there, is a dated facility. Detroit doesn't need a new arena that badly, but in order to attract more events to Downtown Detroit (The palace is way out there!) they need a new state of the art arena to do it.

And your comerica park argument sounds etremely illogical.

I can't wait to see the modern arena plans Detroit's arena will receive if/when the new arena is approved!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
detroit

go_leafs_go02 said:
Here we go again. Joe Louis (though never been there, is a dated facility. Detroit doesn't need a new arena that badly, but in order to attract more events to Downtown Detroit (The palace is way out there!) they need a new state of the art arena to do it.

And your comerica park argument sounds etremely illogical.

I can't wait to see the modern arena plans Detroit's arena will receive if/when the new arena is approved!
HAVE YOU BEEN to comerica antiseptic toliet bowl park yet.its a dump it does not compare to tiger stadium and will never compare to tiger stadium. as far as joe louis arena the city has been wanting to expand cobo hall were they have the auto show for years. and JLA is located next door to cobo. so expect in a couple years to see the wrecking ball at joe louis arena.and this fan cant wait to see that wrecking ball swinging at the joe. this will make up for the summer of 1986 when the city tore down the historic home of the detroit red wings the olympia stadium. I am going to volunteer for free to help with the demolition team take down that arena.i want to be in the crane and be able to personally take a swing with the wrecking ball at the joe.:)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
HAVE YOU BEEN to comerica antiseptic toliet bowl park yet.its a dump it does not compare to tiger stadium and will never compare to tiger stadium. as far as joe louis arena the city has been wanting to expand cobo hall were they have the auto show for years. and JLA is located next door to cobo. so expect in a couple years to see the wrecking ball at joe louis arena.and this fan cant wait to see that wrecking ball swinging at the joe. this will make up for the summer of 1986 when the city tore down the historic home of the detroit red wings the olympia stadium. I am going to volunteer for free to help with the demolition team take down that arena.i want to be in the crane and be able to personally take a swing with the wrecking ball at the joe.:)
Be a lover not a hater...... free love and all that stuff. Hey OLYMPIA you lived in the 70's, did we learn absolutly nothing from the hippies? Stop complaining and live in the moment ;)
Peace!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

flames. said:
OLYMPIA, is there anything you do like about 2006?
Yes indeed reading in yesterdays news paper about the upcoming demolition of joe louis arena. YESSS. after 20 years i have been waiting to see that thing come down after watching my olympia stadium come down in 1986. i cant wait for this time to come in a couple of years. i want to help for free with the demolition team to take that JLA down.:0pouce:

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Yes indeed reading in yesterdays news paper about the upcoming demolition of joe louis arena. YESSS. after 20 years i have been waiting to see that thing come down after watching my olympia stadium come down in 1986. i cant wait for this time to come in a couple of years. i want to help for free with the demolition team to take that JLA down.:0pouce:

whys that? so you can comment and complain about the next arena even more than the Joe Louis Arena for the next 20 years?

Oh well, at least Detroit is progressing forward, Joe Louis is decent for hockey, but like I said, it doesn't have good use for anything really besides that really well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was at the Nashville game on monday night, and down the row from me was a guy who kept repeating the same phrase over and over again, like he was saying it for the first time each time. And the kicker was that whenever someone would throw a body check, his repetative phrase was "Old Time Hockey baby!" I have to ask, OLYMPIA I thought you said you'd never go see Nashville play, that had to be you!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be a lover not a hater...... free love and all that stuff. Hey OLYMPIA you lived in the 70's, did we learn absolutly nothing from the hippies? Stop complaining and live in the moment ;)
Peace!:rolleyes:

y

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, you're right om that one. I also was expecting way more from them. Any way, it was a great chance to win some extra money by making a bet on them ( in here: Tipleader.com ). I was betting on another result, but even this one was pretty fine. I love that Tipleader website can give some great sport surebets, not alike other services..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts