Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100902/SPORTS0103/9020495/1361/Wings-goaltender-Jimmy-Howard-returns-with-Doctor-Octopus-on-his-mind

As for the nifty new design on the mask, Howard replaced the purple octopus and clock, the hands of which pointed to the numbers the Red Wings have retired, with the image of Marvel Comics supervillain Doctor Octopus, aka "Doc Ock." Known also by his official name, Dr. Otto Gunther Octavius, Doctor Octopus wears mechanical octopus arms with industrial-strength pincers that intimidate opponents in the same way Howard hopes to intimidate shooters with his squared-up style of goaltending.
Osgood also got new pads. Ooh, shiny.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Meh, Im not that crazy about Howard's new helmet. I liked what he had last year with the tach. IMO, it goes better with the spirit of Detroit.
As for Osgood, Im surprised he hadnt decided to retire.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Here's another look at it.

I can't seem to find another angle. I'd kinda like to see more before I form an opinion, but from what I see now, I'm not that crazy about it. I like it, but I don't think it's any better than the '67 Shelby mask.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Here's another look at it.

I can't seem to find another angle. I'd kinda like to see more before I form an opinion, but from what I see now, I'm not that crazy about it. I like it, but I don't think it's any better than the '67 Shelby mask.
Ha I love it. Reminds me of Spider man 2.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it's Dr Octopus on the other side of the helmet as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the helmet, but I do like when goaltenders change their masks throughout their career, even if they're small tweaks (like Kiprusoff does).

At least it isn't like Vasiliy Koshechkin's.

*shudder*

·
Registered
354 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the helmet, but I do like when goaltenders change their masks throughout their career, even if they're small tweaks (like Kiprusoff does).

*shudder*
Oh wow...that one is bad.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts

*shudder*
:laugh::laugh: That's intimadating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts