Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notes: Lamoriello hasn't made up his mind about re-signing Jim Dowd, who is hopeful of coming back.
"I'm working out like I'm going to play," Dowd said. "I'm taking it like a normal summer. I don't want to go anywhere else. I want to play here."
Left winger Tuomas Pihlman will return to Europe for the upcoming season, but the Devils will retain his rights. ... Minor-league defensemen Dan McGillis and Scott Lachance will not be re-signed, neither will center Chris Minard, Lowell's (AHL) leading scorer last season.

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118412796777830.xml&coll=1

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Its an interesting thing with Dowd.
We have Rasmussen, Rupp, and Janssen.
We have Viuhkola.
Marshall may be returning.
We have Pelly and Clarkson, althoguh Clarkson might play on a higher line.
I think that Dowd and Rasmussen are more valuable than Rupp, and Dowd did play well on the PK. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Goodbye to McGillis, he wasnt that great for us. Philman never showed anything worthy of notice. Lachance never played for us. And Minard was already signed by the Penguins.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Dowd back for another year, although I think the fourth line center position might be going to a younger player, such as Clarkson or Viuhkola. I'm still somewhat baffled as to why Lou decided to bring Rupp back right away, but let Rasmussen hit free agency (not that teams are lining up on his doorstep). I'd rather have Rasmussen, who actually played pretty decently with Pandolfo and Madden for a short time. Rupp's size is nice and he is willing to drop the gloves, but I think he's still living off those few good games he played in the Finals back in 2003.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chris Minard was never signed to the NHL Devils. Why? Because he wasn't given his well deserved chance to play on the big team last season due to hacks like Rupp and Janssen and Rasmussen.
Minard decided to take his team leading point record to the Pittsburgh Penguins who will very likely use him soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts