Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been reports that Jason Allison's agent has been in Ottawa for about the last two days. There is no deal worked out yet but GM Muckler said that he will do everything in his power to sign him to a contract under 2 million an year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
james salera said:
There have been reports that Jason Allison's agent has been in Ottawa for about the last two days. There is no deal worked out yet but GM Muckler said that he will do everything in his power to sign him to a contract under 2 million an year.
I would've rather seen ottawa sign themselves a Samsonov....but I feel if Allison can put up decent numbers(Quite hard not to, when you've got as many playmakers as ottawa does)....I feel it would be a steal for under 2 mil.

It's a bargain of a price to pay for that experience that ottawa so desperately needs.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think it's that his numbers aren't enough to make up for his lacking defencive game. He's much too slow to backcheck and takes quite a lot of time to make it into the offencive zone, so he hurts the team. He netted 60 points in 66 games, but a ton of that was on the powerplay, where he ate up a lot of minutes.

That and he's probably not someone ottawa woudl want in their dressing room. He was whining and complaining about not getting enough ice-time, fully knowing that Mats Sundin was the topline centerman of the team, and that Lindros was on his way over to the Toronto.

He makes good plays and can score... maybe a little grit. That's just about it. He's mostly a powerplay kind of player, getting 39 of his 60 points there (nearly 66 percent) Allison is mostly one-dimensional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts