Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel Alfredsson is about to move back into comfortable surroundings ... for the time being.

Don't be surprised to see Senators coach Bryan Murray decide to put his biggest guns back together on the team's No. 1 line.

After splitting up Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Alfredsson at the end of last season, Murray is likely to reunite the high-scoring trio Thursday night, when the Calgary Flames visit Scotiabank Place.

complete article

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
They'll likely be a good trio again, but I'll want to see how Patrick Eaves does after this move.

He played well last year on just about every line he was on.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I am going to be at that game so I hope to see them back together. They have so much talent on the team, scoring can be spread around but when a certain line just clicks and have chemistry I don't think they should be separated unless you are lacking in scoring in other lines. But in Ottawa's case they have enough.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It's a bit of a gamble. When you checkout what the other lines would look it feels like putting all your eggs in one basket.

Then again, if that basket can score three or four goals a night you might be all right.
It really comes down to chemistry though. The guys who play well together should play together is all other things are equal (no PP, injuries etc).

Is this the best line in the NHL?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts