Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the Forum.

When I heard the whalers were going to NC, I almost craped my pants. Bettman must be really happy know. Season ticket sales will go up next year. But hockey long will hockey mania last in NC? :dunno:

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

biron_81 said:
Hi, new to the Forum.

When I heard the whalers were going to NC, I almost craped my pants. Bettman must be really happy know. Season ticket sales will go up next year. But hockey long will hockey mania last in NC? :dunno:
In my opinion NO WAY NEVER will Raleigh be a hockey town they belong back in hartford.I am from the old school on this and this is my opinion.

·
Banned
961 Posts
carolina

panoo2004 said:
For now anyway, until they start loosing!!
I agree one hundred percent when this wears off then things will be diffrent down there.just knowing that they won the cup has turned my stomach. But this is my opinion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the Cup is here, the ice is here, and hockey is here to stay. Anyone who's been to the RBC center knows we are die hard fans. We didn't give up after losing the cup in 2001, we came back to hockey after the lock out, we supported our team when they where lovable losers.
Several things are at work here
1- Our team is and will stay competitive for the foreseeable future.
2- We draw fans from throughout the state
3- The population is growing faster than most urban areas.
4- Most of that growth comes from the North East where people know and love hockey.
In the Eastern conference finals all those Buffalo fans seen at the RBC didn't travel down to see the game. They all go to Hurricane games and cheer for the boys in red until the Sabers come to town. The same with the Devils, Rangers, and Penguins. We're winning over those guys and changing their loyalties, we're winning over the fans who show up with wailers jerseys, we're winning over the Nascar crowd. In short the fan base is large and growing. We have the best fans in hockey and the best team in the NHL. The sooner you all accept that fact the sooner you'll catch up with reality. Hockey is in Raleigh to stay and so is the Cup.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Bondseye said:
the Cup is here, the ice is here, and hockey is here to stay. Anyone who's been to the RBC center knows we are die hard fans. We didn't give up after losing the cup in 2001, we came back to hockey after the lock out, we supported our team when they where lovable losers.
4- Most of that growth comes from the North East where people know and love hockey.
In the Eastern conference finals all those Buffalo fans seen at the RBC didn't travel down to see the game. They all go to Hurricane games and cheer for the boys in red until the Sabers come to town. The same with the Devils, Rangers, and Penguins. We're winning over those guys and changing their loyalties, we're winning over the fans who show up with wailers jerseys, we're winning over the Nascar crowd. In short the fan base is large and growing. We have the best fans in hockey and the best team in the NHL. The sooner you all accept that fact the sooner you'll catch up with reality. Hockey is in Raleigh to stay and so is the Cup.
You know, Tampa and their fans said the same things 2 years ago!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
panoo2004 said:
You know, Tampa and their fans said the same things 2 years ago!!
And all you cynics said the same thing about Carolina when we beat the leafs and played for the cup in 2001. Guess what - you where wrong then and you're wrong now. The demographics in Tampa are no where near the same as the demographics here in Raleigh. I know all of two people who are actually from the area. Everyone else is from a town where hockey isn't such a new commodity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bondseye said:
Im gonna keep this god-awful post right until the Canes return to mediocrity and their home attendance starts to fall so I can shove it in your face and make you eat it.

Best fans in the league? Are you freakin kidding me?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sanitarium said:
Im gonna keep this god-awful post right until the Canes return to mediocrity and their home attendance starts to fall so I can shove it in your face and make you eat it.

Best fans in the league? Are you freakin kidding me?
Didn't hear allot from you during round one. Hey I got spirited, who's to say who has the best fans in hockey? That could be debated until we all die. The point I'm trying to make is hockey is here in Raleigh to stay, period.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In round 1, Hab fans were driving down to Raleigh and buying there tickets at the arena boxoffice.In the final it was cheaper fliing down to Raleigh and watch the Oilers there than in Edmonton. The fans in Raleigh, Tampa, Dallas, Anahiem, Miami, etc... are diehard fans when the team is winning. In Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Quebec, Minnisota,Hartford, Detroit, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, LA, New York, Colorado so on and so on, win or loose the arena is full. The Canes are just a way to sell tickets when there is no college basketball.

Yes the team is the best on in the league, but that team shouldn't be in NORTH CAROLINA!!! and all of those markets (Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, Florida). Sell hockey to real hockey fans. Not rented ones who have to refer to the rules behind there programs when they go see the game.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Carolina

biron_81 said:
Yes the team is the best on in the league, but that team shouldn't be in NORTH CAROLINA!!! and all of those markets (Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, Florida). Sell hockey to real hockey fans. Not rented ones who have to refer to the rules behind there programs when they go see the game.
Hello and welcome to the forum. i am glad to see someone else that feels the same way about the new NHL like i do.

·
Banned
961 Posts
New Nhl

biron_81 said:
In round 1, Hab fans were driving down to Raleigh and buying there tickets at the arena boxoffice.In the final it was cheaper fliing down to Raleigh and watch the Oilers there than in Edmonton. The fans in Raleigh, Tampa, Dallas, Anahiem, Miami, etc... are diehard fans when the team is winning. In Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Quebec, Minnisota,Hartford, Detroit, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, LA, New York, Colorado so on and so on, win or loose the arena is full. The Canes are just a way to sell tickets when there is no college basketball.

As far as the NEW NHL i am sure that there are alot of oldtime hockey fans like me that just dont like the new NHL.I still say that i think that the NHL has expanded to markets that they should not have done. nothing personel to those fans in those cities.

·
Registered
72 Posts
biron_81 said:

Fiction can be fun! No way in hell was it cheaper to fly down to Raleigh to see the finals. tickets where selling for $1500. a pair US and you'd have to fly through three cities to get here. It's great to see fans travel for their favorite team. All are always welcome here. Any that made the trip will tell you the thought that we need programs to learn the rules is simply ludicrous. Did you even watch the finals? Can you not tell the fans know the rules by their reactions?
It's sad really. Watching desperate dinosaurs bitterly clinging to a past that is far outpaced by reality. If the league had kept to the status quo the game would be dead by now. Adapt or die it's a way of life. Cling to the past and you sink like a bloated terd down the shit hole of history. :thumbsdow
edit> you included LA in your list of teams that always have sell outs? HA!

·
Banned
961 Posts
New Members

Bondseye said:
Fiction can be fun! No way in hell was it cheaper to fly down to Raleigh to see the finals. tickets where selling for $1500. a pair US and you'd have to fly through three cities to get here. It's great to see fans travel for their favorite team. All are always welcome here. Any that made the trip will tell you the thought that we need programs to learn the rules is simply ludicrous. Did you even watch the finals? Can you not tell the fans know the rules by their reactions?
It's sad really. Watching desperate dinosaurs bitterly clinging to a past that is far outpaced by reality. If the league had kept to the status quo the game would be dead by now. Adapt or die it's a way of life. Cling to the past and you sink like a bloated terd down the shit hole of history. :thumbsdow
edit> you included LA in your list of teams that always have sell outs? HA!
Like i said we are glad to have you here on the forum even since you are a carolina fan. i am sure that we will have a few debates.
But face the fact that we do have old time hockey fans on this forum who dont like the way the NHL is going these days.we have the right to our opinion just like you have the right to yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have a right to your opinion as I to mine. I care a great deal about the Carolina Hurricanes and consider myself a fan. If you tell me the Canes don't belong in Carolina you're gonna hear from me just as I suspect I'd hear from you if I said The Red Wings should be moved to Victoria.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Hartford Whalers

Bondseye said:
You have a right to your opinion as I to mine. I care a great deal about the Carolina Hurricanes and consider myself a fan. If you tell me the Canes don't belong in Carolina you're gonna hear from me just as I suspect I'd hear from you if I said The Red Wings should be moved to Victoria.
You should checkout the teams of yester year forum we have the HARTFORD WHALERS there. maybe over time you will learn some history about the hartford whalers.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know the history, I appreciate, value, honor, and respect the past. I also understand that in all things evolution and change are the only constant. The past is over, it will never be back. Why not enjoy what was a glorious and exciting 2006 post season. Honor the Hurricanes as victors and watch as their names are etched permanently next to the names of the great teams of the past? It's happened, it may happen again. But the league will never be as it was no matter how much you wine.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Hartford Whalers

Bondseye said:
I know the history, I appreciate, value, honor, and respect the past. I also understand that in all things evolution and change are the only constant. The past is over, it will never be back. Why not enjoy what was a glorious and exciting 2006 post season. Honor the Hurricanes as victors and watch as their names are etched permanently next to the names of the great teams of the past? It's happened, it may happen again. But the league will never be as it was no matter how much you wine.
I will watch the hartford whalers play boston in one of many games i have on video tape. i also saw the whalers in hartford play detroit at the civic center.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts