Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any insoles would help me and if so, which ones should I try out. Here's my situation, I haven't played ice in 7 years but I've been playing inline. I normally just used to buy the cheap $120 bauer skates from sports authority but recently I decided to step it up and got a pair of nicer missions.

When I first skated in them I got a blister on the inside of my left foot, on the bone underneath the ankle (I think its the navicular). I figured I just had to break them in, but it's been a while and I'm still getting a blister in the same spot, one time I got it on the right foot too. So I think my skates are pretty broken in but I keep getting this blister. I've got flat feet and I think they pronate a little (they look like it to me, but I haven't gone to a doctor). Also, I'm bow-legged a little bit.

So yeah basically, I'm wondering if there's any insoles that'll help take off the pressure from that bone. Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
I had a type of the problem, I got blisters, sore feet and even bruises sometimes, but I looked online and since I work at a sport store, I called up the company "SuperFeet", obviously they deal with feet, their insoles are AMAZING, they have different colours for different types but may a recommend getting the grey ones as they give you extra support on the heal and lift up your whole foot approx. 1/10 of an inch, trust me, you will notice a difference and hopefully you won't get the blisters anymore, when I put these insoles in I got few pains in my feet but after about 5-7 skates, my feet were fine...
site for SuperFeet specifically for hockey:::
http://www.superfeet.com/activity/hockey.aspx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I've never had a problem with my skates this consistent. Normally its maybe a blister or two when I'm breaking them in but never anything bad.

Where would I find these? The dealers are all running stores; would they carry the grey ones since those are like hockey specific?

Edit: Oh I see they have them online, would you recommend custom or trim to fit?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I didn't have that problem I had an arch problem. I still haven't gotten super feet, but the hockey world swears by them. Every person I talk to tell me to get them. They are $40 and I'm currently not playing hockey again till May so I'm not going to buy them until then, but I would get them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I got size 11 missions, which is the same as US shoe size 11 i think. Theres the 8.5-11 size and the 11.5-whatever size. Should i get the 8.5-11 size? It worries me that since it fits 8.5, it might be too small?

·
Registered
665 Posts
well I got size 11 missions, which is the same as US shoe size 11 i think. Theres the 8.5-11 size and the 11.5-whatever size. Should i get the 8.5-11 size? It worries me that since it fits 8.5, it might be too small?
Its trim to fit so you can trim it down to 8.5. I was lucky enough to have size 7 skates so I got the 5.5-7 and didnt have to do much trimming. Check out the user guide on their site to see how to trim em down etc etc

·
Registered
665 Posts
You know I dont know. I, however, got my skate size which just might be the wrong size lol, but they work....you know I never thought to ask that question myself. Now im thking about getting a new set just to see if the right size makes a bigger difference

·
Registered
665 Posts
I pulled mine out last night and they are smaller than what they should be. I assumed that 7 meant a size 7 skate so I just stuck it in there and didnt even bother to look.

Im going to order the 7.5-9 and since they have a 60 day guarantee I can always return them if im not satisfied

·
Registered
665 Posts
let us know how that works out. I'm guessing your shoe size is somewhere around a 9?
Yeah im a size 8.5 or 9 depending on the shoe and/or the last that was used to construct it.

I also contacted SuperFeet Customer Support and was suprised they didnt know about the different sizing regarding hockey skates, but she said it should be matched to your shoe size.

·
Registered
712 Posts
all the people I know get a couple sizes higher because the bigger the heal the better, thats what i hear. you can always take out your skate sole and put it against your superfeet sole and cute off the extra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm wondering if any insoles would help me and if so, which ones should I try out. Here's my situation, I haven't played ice in 7 years but I've been playing inline. I normally just used to buy the cheap $120 bauer skates from sports authority but recently I decided to step it up and got a pair of nicer missions.

When I first skated in them I got a blister on the inside of my left foot, on the bone underneath the ankle (I think its the navicular). I figured I just had to break them in, but it's been a while and I'm still getting a blister in the same spot, one time I got it on the right foot too. So I think my skates are pretty broken in but I keep getting this blister. I've got flat feet and I think they pronate a little (they look like it to me, but I haven't gone to a doctor). Also, I'm bow-legged a little bit.

So yeah basically, I'm wondering if there's any insoles that'll help take off the pressure from that bone. Thanks
I just went through the same thing but no blisters. I had a pair of Mission Proto VS’s and they were 20+yo and I’m getting back into roller hockey.My wife just bought me a pair of Missions Inhaler’s WM03’s which I fell in love with butthey hurt my feet. I played one game and my feet were killing so much that I spent 5 minutes on and 15 minutes off which was embarrassing. I took the blades back to where I purchased them and asked them to bake the boots on Tuesday. Yesterday, I tried them on again and the pain was gone. I had some serious pain in the front of my left ankle. I remember I had the same lace bite pain when I was younger in my first Missions. I bought the superfeet insoles from Amazon and had the boot baked and finally the lace bite is gone. The day of my pick up, the outside of my foot were hurting so bad where I could not stand up on my feet. It was painful but now I can lace my boot to the top and not hurt after getting the boot baked, superfeet insoles, and Elite hockeys lace bite gel pad that’s velcroed to the inside of my tongue of my skates.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts