Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne, I love you like a brother from another mother, but I am still so bitter for you not getting a highsticking penalty when you clipped Killer. Then you go and score!!! A tsn turning point for sure!! That damn ref, the name escapes me!!! I'll call him Lil Bastid for the time being, robbed us all of a classic original 6 Stanley Cup Final!!!

Imagine how hot of a series that would have been!! I think the ratings would have been through the roof!!! Damn you Lil Bastid!! I thought that maybe one day the Leafs and the Habs would meet in the final, BUT NOOO!! The Leafs had to Join the east! But I digress!!

No matter who good or how bad the Habs and the Leafs are at the time, these two teams always put on a good show!!!

I'm not saying the Leafs would have won agaisnt Patty Roy and the Habs, oh but it sure would have been fun to see!!!

My Dink of all time is Lil Bastid!!!

Talk amongst yourselves, I'm all vaclemped!!!

Like How I used two classic bits from Saturday Night Live?

I kill me

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Well lets say Gretzky who had been called , then we'd be hearing non stop on how the officials of the NHL didnt have respect to Wayne.And things would have been even worse if the Leafs had won the series, it would give them false hope that they'd win against the habs:smile: .

BTW it would have made no difference that year if it was HABS/LEAFS instead of HABS/L.A , if Montreal would have faced Toronto I say we would have won in 6...it would have been more intense(not that our series was not intense after all 3 outa 5 went into O.T)

(maybe someone should make a thread on what could have been in 1993 if the leafs made the playoffs:cheers: )

habguy

·
Registered
50 Posts
reality not fantasy

Hello,

Just wanted to say that everytime the Leafs and Habs faced off that season the Leafs won.... 5-4 in the Forum and 4-0 at MLG to be exact. :rtf:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Reality sucks don't it

Too bad Roy was on fire the entire playoffs and probably wouldn't have aloud 9 goals in 2 games:rtf:

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
You know, we can thank all the b1tching, whining and moaning from Leafs fans that went on all that year for Bure being thrown out of Game 3 vs the Rangers in 94. He should have been given a double minor, and had that been the case, the Canucks probably would have won that series in 6 games.

But guess what? That isn't what happened. The Leafs had their chance to win that series and didn't, just like the Canucks, who blew a 2-0 nothing lead in Game 4 of the Rangers series. It is what is, dude. Let it go. :wink

For that matter, had Bure been properly suspended for his elbow to Churla's head, the Canucks likely don't get past Dallas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts