Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you won $5 million dollars what would you do with it. Like how big would your house be, kinds of cars you would buy, anything else.

·
Registered
268 Posts
5 mils ... assuming tax-free :laugh:
hmmm

Prolly buy a 4-3 house with this view somewhere between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz.

Invest in some annuity and live off of the other half.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
To start with, I would pay off all the debts in my family, mortgages etc., I would invest for sure!! Then I would buy an SUV, top of the line electronic equipment, definitely go on a long trip, not sure where, but anywhere but here. I think I would charter a plane, then there wouldn't be any hassles with line-ups etc., after all that, I would just let my money do the talking!!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would go backpacking through Europe and Australia and stay in hotels instead of hostels lol. Give some money to friends and family. I would also vist every NHL arena to see a game then save a bunch

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I would take care of ALL of the financial crap and then go out and have fun, buy a few cars, go to hockey, football, b-ball games. Nice sized house. INVEST w/e I have left save and distrube a few $$$ to family

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'd get a nice condo, pay off my debit (and my fam's).

Get tickets packs to the Raps, Jays and Argo's (I don't buy Leafs tickets but that's another issue). I'd get married and throw a huge party. Buy a car for my g/f, I wouldn't want one though, I'd rather take a cab.

Then I'd just write.

Damnit, now you got me dreaming.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would get season tickets to the habs, buy a range rover, street bike and bmw. pay off any debts my family had. im sure I could think of more if I actually had the money....lol

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would by so many exotics cars it would be unbelivable. I am a car fanatic. Buy a Lamborghini Muricialago LP640 for my first purschase, Sell my 2004 elscalade and buy a new 07 escalade, Bmw 760 Li, hell i could name a lot more. Buy a Lakefront house here in sarnia so i could go out lay on the beach enjoy the great view of Lake Huron. Make sure I get to watch a few NHL games at every Canadian Arena. Then save to rest up for vacation, taxes, bills, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would buy the ACC Toronto Maple Leafs arena and play on it every day lol. I would invite the Sharks down and chill with Marleau and get autographs from the team. Then aftrwards I would get invited to Marleau's crib(since I'm a big player!) and talk about hockey!!!! WOOOO!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Marleau12 said:
I would buy the ACC Toronto Maple Leafs arena and play on it every day lol. I would invite the Sharks down and chill with Marleau and get autographs from the team. Then aftrwards I would get invited to Marleau's crib(since I'm a big player!) and talk about hockey!!!! WOOOO!
Dude, $5 million isn't going to get much. The ACC cost $265 million to build, so maybe you could get your own snack bar?

I'd also buy a large chunk of land in a quickly deveopling area to just let it sit and stay as nature (or until it's worth so much I can't say no).

I like the idea of buying / running my own conservation center and campsite. That would be pretty cool actually ...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would buy a piece of land, build a "small town" hockey rink, possibly start or buy a junior team and move them into the arena and be the owner and head coach, and since i own the arena to i would live off the profit of the team and other rec activities.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
I would buy a piece of land, build a "small town" hockey rink, possibly start or buy a junior team and move them into the arena and be the owner and head coach, and since i own the arena to i would live off the profit of the team and other rec activities.
That's a good idea.

Also whenever possible I'd eat at buffets.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
faulkner91sf said:
good call, i forgot to mention theres an all you can eat chinese buffet in my arena. :laugh:
ahhh, they should have made the ssec bigger in sarnia. Well its bi enough but 8,000 capacity would have been nicer and better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts