Hope that helped.StuHockey said:Hey guys,
I'm a new follower of Hockey and would just like some clarification to some questions I have. I am a Maple Leafs fan and really want to get into hockey and understand the rules better so I am able to enjoy it more.
Firstly, I need no help with the in-game rules, I am extremely familiar with the game however I do need some clarification on the NHL.
1. Do Western and Eastern conference teams play each other during the regular season (like interleague play in MLB)? Yes, but the majority of your games will focus on playing against your own conference and play within your own division.
2. Does the Stanley Cup work in the same way as the World Series (Playoff featuring winners from each division and wildcard, and then the final)? Completely different. 8 teams of each conference make the playoffs. The surviving teams of either conference, face off in the final.
3. How many games are played by 1 team during the regular season? 82.
4. How many games are played in the playoffs and Stanley Cup final? It's a best of 7 series. Takes 16 playoff wins in all, to win that trophy(In other words..takes you 4 rounds of hockey to touch it).
5. Does the Stanley Cup feature the best team in the Western vs the best team in the Eastern? Mmmmhmmm.
6. Does the AllStar game decide anything (eg. home advantage)? Nope.
They're just some of the questions I have, if you could help me out I would really appreciate it.