Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Carolina Hurricanes became the first team to unveil an alternate jersey under the RBK Edge uniform system. I am blogging about this piece of news and I'll later add it to this post.

In case you didn't know by now, the Hurricanes went with a black jersey with the secondary "hurricane flag" logo as the crest. The primary logo is on the shoulders in an all-black color.

photo courtesy of Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina Hurricanes official news release (September 10):
Hurricanes unveil alternate uniforms

I finished watching the live stream a short time ago... looks very sharp! I don't know if I'm a fan of the all-black primary logo on the shoulders. But I guess the purpose of it is to not make the shoulder logo standout on a black jersey. At the same time, the focus is the secondary logo for the crest.

Again, it looks really nice. Better than some of the concepts that have been thrown around.

I wish they'd get rid of the thin shoulder piping on the regular home and away jerseys. So not needed.

I'm surprised there weren't that many people at the arena. It's lunchtime for Christ sakes.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
I actually like those better than their reds. And I like that logo better than the rectum on steroids they've been using.

Agreed on the piping. I haven't seen one sweater in the NHL that those look good on. Like you said, it's just not needed.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Totally agree. That is their best jersey and they're using their better logo. It looks awesome.

Can't wait to see the rest of the new jerseys (hopes that he won't regret saying that).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts